Chapter 2: Experiences - Love is not that simple

It's been two weeks when I and Gary have lunch together, after that, we have 3 more lunch dates and 2 dinner dates. We're still in the process of dating. He's still not asking me the lovely words "Do you want to be my girlfriend?"  And if that happens, I'm sure, I'll answer him "Yes".

Gary called last night, he said that the magazine will be published this week and he'll send me a copy. I also saw Cass in TV last evening, she was chosen as the leading cast in a TV series. That's really nice of her. I wish I could see her again, chat with her, flirt with her. I chuckled as I think about that. I have Gary now or not yet now but soon enough.

It's a usual day to me. I woke up six in the morning to get ready for work. Have breakfast, and leave the house around 7:30 but before that I go to ma's house and kiss her while she's having coffee to bid goodbye. I could always see Mr. Carl jogging in the street, greeting him warmly as he greet back. The dog walker, Mrs. Dallow who I can see with different dogs every day, the chirping birds, the high building, the busy street. Like the usual Monday morning. Until... I saw the biggest billboard in the city. "OH MY GOD" I said when I saw myself in it. That's the picture I had in Gary's photo shoot.

As I arrive in the office, I took out my phone and dialed Gary

"Hello" Gary answered.

"I saw myself, in the biggest billboard, just this morning." I said while walking inside the building and greeted with every employee.

"Yeah, they want it. They love it." he said

"I know I've given Mr. Higel permission, but why? In a billboard at the center of the city. I'm not the model" I indicated as I went inside the elevator.

"But you're with Cass and everyone love it" he said. "Also, the magazine was released. I've sent you a copy.  You'll love the cover"

"Don't tell me it's not what I'm thinking of"

"Alright, I won't tell"

"Gary! I'm getting my payment!" I said

"Alright" he said as he chuckled "I'll be calling you, I'm in a middle of work."

"Okay, take care" I said as I turned off my phone and get out of the elevator.

Everyone in the floor greeted me like the usual, except that they looking me in a weird way. I sighed, i know that they have notice the billboard. For goodness sake, it was the biggest one.

As I enter my office, I saw Mrs. Michaels waiting for me. She startled me with a "Good Morning" greeting. She was the co-owner and President of the company. "Good morning Mrs. Michaels" I greeted back to the old lady. She was 55 with a very strict face. Is she mad at me for having that picture?

"What can I do with you, ma'am?" I asked.

She smiled at me, "could you sign this magazine for my youngest daughter?" she said as she give me the Midtone magazine copy.

I smiled back, took out my ball pen and signed under my picture. I returned back the magazine.

"You really look beautiful in this issue. You and this woman look good together. " she said

"That won't happen ma'am. You know. I'm an exception." I smiled.

Everyone knows in the company where I come from, what my mother is and living in a liberated country, no one really cares about my sexual orientation.

"Oh, that's a shame. Anyway, thank you. I'll be going" she said as she leaves the room. I looked at the package on my table and opened it. Yup, it was perfectly me and Cass in the front cover. Should the male model be mad at me for stealing their place? And Cass? Does she like this? I opened my drawer, took the business card and called it. When I heard the voice on the other line, I never hesitated to say "This is Andy and I want my fee".