Imagine #9

You let out a grunt of frustration as you reached up for a box of Cheerios on an unreasonably tall store shelf.

You still couldn't reach it, no matter how much you stretched. A arm reached past you, casually grabbing the box of cereal you wanted. You turned to see a man wearing a black windbreaker with messy jet black, windblown hair. He gave you a kind smile, handing the box over to you.

"Oh thank you so much, I'm glad you came along, I didn't want to pathetic for not being able to reach the cereal." You laugh, blushing from embarrassment.

"It's fine, I actually have a friend who is shorter than you so I'm used to it." The stranger laughed lightly. You placed the box in your half full shopping cart, hoping he would either walk away or say something else just to keep it from getting awkward (Because you hate awkward situations)

"You're really pretty." He suddenly blurted, you looked up with wide eyes. His face was beat red "uh I mean..." He face palmed "I'm really sorry, you think I'm a creep now..." The man sighed.

"I don't think you're a creep, what's your name?" You asked

"Gerard Way." He replied

You bit your lip "I'm (Y/N)." You smiled shyly.

"That's a pretty name." Gerard shoved his hands in his pockets. You didn't really know what to think about him, no one has ever showered you with complements like this, not even your own family. You hardly know Gerard yet he's been nicer to you in five minutes than any one ever has.

"You seem like a nice guy, how about we hang out sometime or go see a movie." You inhaled deeply, afraid he would say no.

"That sounds great." Gerard's smile grew wider, his hazel eyes sparkling.

After that you both exchanged phone numbers, went home, and waited to see which one would text first.

-Don't forget to vote ♡-