Imagine #15

For the past few weeks Gerard had become distant.

He just wasn't the same.

I missed his soft kisses, his gentle hands holding mine, the familiar scent of his favorite cologne, and above all else- his sweet grin that made my heart swell.

I could physically see him but it was as if he wasn't here at all. It pained me to watch him slowly grow apart from me after a year of dating.

"Gerard!" I spotted him standing beside my locker one afternoon- waiting for me. His eyes lifted and met mine for a fraction of a second before lowering back to the white tiles. I instantly felt discouraged; his eyes used to light up everytime I said his name.

"Hey...Y/n, I need to talk to you." Gerard murmured as I leaned up against my locker, facing him. My stomach dropped. From the guilty look written on his face I knew something serious was about to happen.

I shifted, swallowing hard before answering "Sure baby."

"I'm breaking up with you."

Those five words were enough to break my heart. I fought off the tears that I knew were coming, I wasn't going to cry in front of him.

"Are you kidding me! I spent a year pouring my heart and love into this relationship and this is what I get!" I yelled in a hurt tone, sounding close to tears.

"I'm so sorry. It's just...I don't see this relationship going any further." Gerard reached out, patting me gently on the shoulder. He stared at me, his eyes telling me he was sympathetic.

I shrugged his hand off, too heartbroken to respond in anger.

I turned and walked off without another word, tears finally streaming down my face.

|Don't forget to vote ♡|