Chapter 10

Here is chapter ten
Enjoy and please comment, vote, read, etc.
sorry if there are any misspelled words.
***********************************

Jessica's Point of View

I slowly open my eyes to see I was in a white room. I groaned started to sit up. I was in a hospital. I absolutely hate hospitals.
I reached over and ripped out my IV, wincing as a bit of blood came out with the IV. I wiped it off and stood up with shaky legs.
What was wrong with me? I felt all weak. How long was I asleep? As if one que a nurse walked into the room carrying a tray of syringes.
"Oh no dear! what are you doing up? and you ripped out your IV!" she exclaimed as she set her tray down.
"Um I'm getting my cloths on and I'm leaving. And yes I did." I answered as I rolled my eyes and looked for my cloths and my cell phone.
I spun around and looked her in the eye.
"Where's my phone? and my cloths if you don't mind."
"Well we had to get rid of your cloths and your cell phone-" she reached over and picked up a plastic bag that was on the bed side table.
"Is right here." She gave me a nice smile.
"Alright" I said with a sigh as I reached over and took the bag from her hand.
I took my phone from the bag and restarted it.
"Did pepper or happy or anybody drop off any cloths for me? I don't want to go home in this" I said as I looked down at the hospital gown.
"Yes Miss Potts dropped off a bag for you for when you wake up but I highly suggest you stay here for a while. when you came in you had a low blood sugar from malnutrition and had a bit of a fewer although you passed out from exhaustion but now since your up we can take some blood and get some food in you and when -"
"I'm leaving today" I cut her off as my phone beeps signaling it was turned on. I looked down at the screen and notice I have four missed calls from Rhodes and one missed call from Obie along with a text from pepper all from a day ago.
"How long have I been asleep?"
"Two days" she replied.
I suddenly remembered
"Dad, call, crap!" I shouted as I quickly redialed back Rhodes.
It rang twice before he picked up.
"Did you find him? was I right?"
"Yes Jessica we found him. He's alright. A little banged up but he's fine." Rhodes said sounding relieved.
I sighed in relief and sat down in the hospital bed noticing the nurse leaving I let a couple tears fall from my eyes.
"Good. That's good. " I replied happily.
"Yeah, I heard you are in the hospital are you alright Jessica? I told you not to overwork yourself-" he started
"I'm fine" I snap as more tears well up in my eyes, threatening to spill over.
"Well I have someone here who wants to talk to you." I hear rustling in the background and before I can protest I hear my dad's smooth voice over the line.
"Hey Jess" he whispers
"Hey dad" I whisper back as the tears finally spill over my eyes and fall down my cheeks. And before I can stop myself I'm babbling over the phone I between choked sobs.
"I'm so sorry dad. I tried so hard to find you and I'm sorry I ruin things and I just want to be everything you-"
"Jessica stop. I should be the one apologizing I have been an awful father and I was just so confused and if it weren't for you I would be wondering around the dessert right now because no offense Rhodes, the military can really suck at tracking things some times and the whole time I was in the cave I was just thinking about you and and-"
" It's okay. it's okay. " I whispered through sobs.
"We are going to talk when I get home. we have a lot of catching up to do. which reminds me why are you in the hospital?" " he asked and suddenly I felt frozen in fear.
He can't know I passed out. No. He would think I was irresponsible and then he would ship me off to some place where people watch you twenty four seven. No. no. no. no.
I was so deep into my conversation with myself I didn't hear my dad.
"Jess?"
"Jess are you there?"
"JESS"
"yeah, yeah sorry I'm here I was just umm the nurse was dropping off my bag and yeah I was about to change and um yes I'm here." I replied quickly
"Are you okay?" he asked with concern laced in his voice
"Yeah I'm fine I just-"
"Yeah. Listen I have to go get checked out by this doctor so I'll see you once we land Tomorrow. We will be talking about a lot of things okay Jess?"
"Okay dad" I whispered. after a moment I went to hangup when he continued talking
"I love you so much." he whispered
" Right back at you old man" I replied as more tears spilled down my cheeks. He gave a light chuckle and then we were just listening to each other breathe. I was afraid to hangup, I didn't want to loose him. I just couldn't.
I sniffled and wiped my eyes.
"Don't cry Jess..." He whispered
"Psst me? cry? I'm a Stark. Starks don't cry. " I said with a proud voice. He chuckled again and suddenly it was silent again.
"I don't want to loose you." I muttered after a couple moments of silence. when he didn't reply I continued to talk.
" I was so alone. I was scared and angry and I just feel so lost and sad and and-" I started sobbing and clutching at the phone as tears stained my hospital gown and wet my legs.
"Shh shhh Jess it's alright. " He muttered soothing words.
"In the end everything will be better and you'll be happy." He continued
"You promise?" I asked as my tears started to dry up.
"I promise. "
"Good" you stated.
"I'll see you tomorrow munchkin." He said with a sad voice.
"See you tomorrow old man." I say before he hangs up.
I reached over and buzzed for the nurse. While waiting for the nurse I pick my phone back up and call Pepper.
" Yo Pep." I say Into the phone when I hear her pick up.
"Oh god Jess are you okay? did you hear the good news?" she asks rapidly
"Yes yes pepper I'm fine and yeah I heard I just got off the phone with him. We are picking him up tomorrow right?" I ask
"Yes. yes we are. are you sure you're alright? When I found you, you were on the floor and then they said you had hypoglycemia and I was so worried and-"
"Pep. I'm fine. Can you come sign me out though. I'm feeling a lot better and the nurse says I'm all good to go. So yeah. "
"Are you sure?" she asks suspiciously.
"Yes now please hurry. Hospitals creep me out."
"Okay I'll be there soon." She replied. a second later the nurse walked in.
"Can I help you?" she asked kindly
"Yes my guardian is coming to pick me up can you please get the paper work ready?" I asked.
"Of course" she replied and left to go get everything ready.
I put down the phone and went to the black duffle bag sitting on the floor and pulled out a pair of faded dark blue jeans, a black tank top, a sweater with the word Genius across the front, a pair of socks, grey combat boots, a couple of hair ties, a hair brush, and a pair of sunglasses.
God Pepper knows me so well.
I quickly threw on the cloths and pulled my hair into a messy bun. I slipped on the sun glasses, picked up my phone and duffle bag and walked down to the main entrance where the nurse was already talking to Pepper saying how I need three meals a day and plenty of rest and blah blah blah.
Once pepper noticed me she smiled and pulled me into a hug.
"Ready to go?" she asked. I nodded into her chest as she put her arm around me and pulled and walked with me to the car where Happy was waiting for us.

Once we got home I went straight to my room despite Peppers protests saying I needed to eat or else I would end up passing out again. After plenty of reassurance she finally let me go upstairs and try to sleep.
I fell asleep that night with a smile on my face knowing that I would see my Dad the next day.

*********************************
Well there you go. I hoped you enjoyed this chapter. Fun fact I was in the hospital for my brother when I wrote this so yeah.
Please comment what you think and if you liked it or not. Next chapter will be up soon.
Till next time.
-Ashley