Chapter 8

Well here is chapter 8

I hope you enjoy.

Please vote &comment

*******************************

Another month and a half had passed and I'm scared.

I'm scared to tell anyone how I feel or what's going on with me. I'm afraid to get closer to anyone because for the first time in my life I realized that one day I might loose another person. And that thought scares me.

The bags under my eyes had slowly gotten worse over the past month and a half and now I had to wear cover up under my eyes so Pepper doesn't notice. I'm getting less and less sleep. I didn't need her drugging me again.

Two weeks ago she slipped some sleeping pills into my tea and I passed out for like twelve hours. We weren't really on speaking terms.

Rhodey stopped by last week to see how I was doing. Let's just say he wasn't pleased. He said I was going down a dangerous path. Whatever that means. He is now calling me weekly which is a huge pain. What do people not understand? I just want to find my dad. why are people so worried about me when my dad is out there maybe being tortured or held prisoner or worse?

No. He's not dead. It's only been two and a half months. He's a Stark he will find a way to survive. He's brilliant and cocky and funny and I never really appreciated him. Crap, I'm awful. I need to get back to work.

I ran a hand threw my greasy hair as I turned my chair around and took another five hour energy.

I started typing in random places in Afghanistan into Jarvis's map in hopes of finding some activity somewhere. I had a couple suspected terrorist groups who I thought might be involved but not much activity has been going on around their areas. If my dad found a way to sent of some fire works or something that would make my life ten times easier but no. Why make things easier?

My stomach gave a loud and painful grumble and that's when I decided it was time for food again. I was craving some rice.

I took out my phone and called up the Chinese Resturant and placed an order for white rice and a lot of fortune cookies.

I walked slowly towards my room where I changed into blue jeans, a Harvard sweatshirt, and red converse.

I pulled my dirty hair in a bun and put on a pair of sunglasses before walking back down stairs and finding Happy in the actual garage.

"Happy, I need you to take me to the Chinese Resturant down the rode so I can pick up my order."

"Happily" he said with a smirk.

I playfully rolled my eyes and got into the back seat of the limo.

The drive was silent so I pulled out my phone and started looking for activity waves on the Afghanistan map I saved onto my phone.

Once we got to the Resturant I told Happy to just wait in the car and that It would only take a second.

I exited the car and walked into the resturant. The Resturant was dimly lit but looked somewhat fancy. I walked over to the checkout area and waited as the couple in front of me paid their bill. After they were done I walked up to the lady at the desk who looked up and smiled cheerfully.

"Ah Miss Stark! I have your order right here. " She said as she handed me a brown paper bag. I smiled and handed her ten dollars, telling her to keep the change. I swiftly exited the resturant and started walking towards the car with happy standing outside looking panicked. I looked at him confused for a second as he motioned me to hurry up before I heard the faint noise of cameras flashing. I paused and gave a deep sigh. This wasn't going to turn out well.

"Miss Stark!" I heard a paparazzi shout. And then there was another and another etc.

I turned around and plastered a small fake smile and waved at the few paparazzi men and women.

"How have you been? No one has seen you at any party's or out in town?"

"No one has seen you lately? why is that?"

" Is there any news on your father that the military and government are keeping from us?"

"Are you working on any weapons for your fathers company while he is missing?"

I finally had enough.

"I'm sorry but I can't speak to you guys now. My food will get cold and god forbid that happens right?" they chuckled a bit before another paparazzi asked me a question.

"What's it like at home without your Dad around?" I paused for a minute.

"It's really lonely. I feel really alone, and I'm lost. But I know things will get better soon. Because we have the best people in the world looking for him and I know we will find him in time." I ended with a light smile and got in the car.

Happy gave me a sympathetic smile as he started driving me home.

Only half of what I said was absolutely true.

-I'm really lonely and lost

-and I know the best people in the world looking for him.

Would we find him on time though?

I'm not sure.

I just really wanted to eat my rice right about now.

*********************************

Okay there's chapter 8

I hope you enjoyed it. I'm working in chapter 9 right now and if all is well that will be up in a couple days. Also, I think I hurt my growth plate in my Knee in P.E the other day so yeah. Yippee.

Anywho... please comment, vote, whatever you wanna do and I'll see to it you guys get another chapter soon.

Ashley :)