Chapter 7

Chapter 7
************
'It's been a month. A full month and no one has found crap!' I thought bitterly as I chucked another stark mug across the room.
'Im so sick if this!' I felt anger rise in my chest. Anger that doesn't go away. It is literally always here. I felt another wave of sleepiness coming so I walked over to the table and chugged another five hour energy drink.
I haven't been sleeping lately. I get maybe seven or eight hours of sleep a week if I'm lucky. And I haven't really been eating recently because I learned it slows me down and makes me more tired so that also contributes to why I've been 'grumpy' lately. Also the fact that's dad's is missing and no one can find him!
I shattered another mug.
This sucks. I'm always feeling like shit. Every time I do eat I usually get a really bad stomach ache, so I try to avoid food which leaves me with with little to no nutrients in my system. It's not like I'm getting nutrients from all these five hour energy drinks.
I decided I needed a cold shower and maybe some Tylenol for this massive headache. I walked up to my room and jumped into the ice cold shower, washing my hair and body. I jumped out and put on sweatpants and a tank top.
On my way downstairs I heard Pepper talking on the phone. I heard my name but I could really care less. I walked Into the kitchen where she sat and picked up a banana before bringing it down to the workshop with me.
I situated myself back down in my chair and began watching the screens again.
This is tiring. Why can't I just find him already! I put my head on the table as tears sprung to my eyes. I'm such a failure. Wave after wave of self hate hit me like a ton of bricks as I walked to the bathroom to wash my face of tears. I tried not to look at myself in the mirror but curiosity got the best of me.
I looked up and noticed my eyes dark bags under them and were rimmed red from all my tears these past few weeks, my skin was deathly white, and my cheeks weren't as chubby as they used to be. I looked fragile.
And that's when I knew I was broken. I felt it everyday. Physically I felt it. This sadness was affecting my whole body. I just really wanted my dad back.
I wanted to go cry. To scream at Rhodey and Obahian for letting him go to that presentation. But I couldn't be mad at them. How were they supposed to know?
I heard someone clear their throat from behind me so I spun around quickly and was surprised to see Obie standing there with a box and a small frown on his face.
"Hey Obie" I whispered and put on a small smile for him. His frown deepened.
"You don't have to pretend around me Jess. "
"Yeah I do" I said with a fake smirk. I'm suppose to be a Stark. Starks's don't cry. Starks are suppose to be strong and cocky and obnoxious.
"What have you been doing lately?" he asked as he sat himself down in one of the chairs. I watched as he looked around the workshop and took notice of all the broken mugs.
"You know just searching and trying to locate him. " I said as I pointed toward the screen.
"Your working yourself to death Jess. You need to stop. When was the last time you slept?" he asked with worry clearly shown in his eyes.
"Aw you do care. " I said sarcastically as I stood up and stretched.
"And to answer your question two nights ago. I got two and a half hours of sleep. But you already knew that didn't you. You got Pepper as your little spy. "
"Jessica don't do this. Not now. I brought pie. You want some pie?" he asked as he showed me the pie.
"No. I don't want any pie. I want to get back to work. " I said as I faced the computer screen again and waved him off.
"Jess..." he started
"No. I'm not moving in with you. I'm not going to therapy. And I'm not going on any depressants." I finished with a bored voice. He sighed loudly.
"Fine just don't break any more expensive cars. " Two weeks ago he and pepper walked in on me demolishing a mustang with a sledge hammer.
"And if you need anything or reconsider please call me" he said as he started to stand up.
"Will do. " I muttered
"Jarvis why didn't you tell me he was here."
"Mister Stane asked me not to. " Came his reply.
"Well next time he asks something like that I give you permission to over ride his request and tell me. Okay?"
"Yes Miss Stark."
"I'm bored" I said out loud after a moment.
"Than may I suggest a good nights rest?" asked Jarvis
"Not you too Jarvis." I groaned.
"Mr.Stark would not be pleased with your sleeping habits."
" I don't care" I snapped. I pulled up a couple websites and started working on my hacking skills. Every couple minutes I would look at the screens that still displayed the words searching.
I really wasn't any closer to finding my dad. I've ruled out about five hundred places so far and have told Rhodey where he doesn't have to look
But I still have a ways to go before I find him.
But I will find him.
I owe it to him.