Chapter 1

Jessica walked down the stairs solely as she looked over her missel blueprint. She had been working on it for quite a while and was hoping her father would think it was a good idea and maybe they could work on it together, or maybe he'd say he's proud her. Maybe

both!

She stopped suddenly. She was getting her hopes up. Her father was never proud of her for anything. Not when she brought home straight A's, Not when she finished her first car, Not when she was moved to up two grades because she was a genius. In fact he'd never actually said he loved her.

'Whatever' she thought bitterly.

'Im proud of myself.'

She finished walking down the stairs to find her dad talking to Obahiah Stane. He always treated her like his grand daughter and showed her so much love that she was deprived of with Tony. It always cheered her up when she saw him.

"Ah Jess! Good to see you again!" He shouted and opened his arms for a hug. Guilt flashed in his eyes when he saw her but neither Tony nor Jessica noticed.

Jessica hugged him tightly and unlatched herself after a second. They did there handshake and she was about to talk to him when she was cut off by an annoyed cough behind her.

"Is there something you wanted Jessica?" Tony asked in an annoyed tone.

"Ya. I um I built this model and I wanted to see what you thought about it." Jessica said slowly before handing her dad the blueprint. He snatched it from her and looked at it for approximately 2 seconds before shoving it back at her.

"There's a lot of problems with it. I dont feel like dealing with it now." He said in a bored tone.

The guilt Obahiah once felt vanished.

"Here let me see it" he said sweetly to Jessica. She handed it to him and he almost gasped. The diagram was a perfect drawing and the design was smartly planned out. It showed a lot of potential.

"Jessica this is amazing. You have a lot of potential. One day you'll do amazing things for this company one day. " he said truthfully with a smile.

Jessica smiled back.

"You truly think so?" She asked with hope in her eyes. Obahiah was about to reply with a positive yes when tony interrupted him.

"Go away now Jessica. We were having a discussion about my trip next week to Afghanistan. So go." He said cruelly before sitting back down and facing Obahiah. Jessica sighed before taking her blueprint back and walking slowly back up the stairs. She walked into her room and walked up to Jarvis her automated butler.

"Jarvis?" I asked sadly.

"Yes Miss Stark?" He replied

"Connect me to the audio from the downstairs living room. " I said as I picked up a pen and started taking it apart.

"I don't think Mr.Stark would appreciate that." Jarvis replied

"Than dont tell him." I said in an infuriated tone.

"Yes miss" he replied before I was connected to there conversation.

"It doesn't matter! The second she turns 13 I'm sending her off to a boarding school in Britain! All she is a distraction! And you and me both know I already have enough distractions!" My dad said With a raised voice. I felt tears prickle to my eyes.

"Jarvis shut it off please. " I said as a tear slid down my cheek.

"I'm sorry miss." Jarvis said in I suppose a sad robot voice.

I knew my father wasn't proud of me or thought I was that important but I never thought he would ship me off like this... I mean I'm his daughter. He's the only family I had. My mother died when I was three from a drug overdose and that was the reason I met him but did he seriously find me such a burden that he decided he couldn't stand my company and send me to a different country? I never really bug him about anything. I'm always good. I never break the rules, I never step out of my place, and I never touch anything he says I can't so why is he trying to get rid of me! I did nothing wrong! You know what at the end of the day it's all my fault! Maybe if I was smarter he would like me better...

What am I talking about? I'm the smartest 12 year old in the world! If he still doesn't think that's enough that's his damn fault! I'm done trying to please him 24/7 because that's all I've ever done. When he comes back from his presentation in Afghanistan ill tell him how I really feel. Maybe things will get better.