23%

I've been avoiding the sight of Luke for the past week now, which is much harder than you would think. Him being the one that brings me my tray of food to my table and also wakes me up every morning but I've managed to keep my silence.

As usual he appears at my room door at 8:03 to escort me to breakfast, Luke knocks on my cell door asking for permission to enter, even though I have no power to say otherwise with the locks of the door on the outside of my room. He steps inside looking the same as always, black skinny jeans with a black t-shirt. How does he get away with not wearing his uniform? We both hold a semi-awkward silence before he releases a sigh.

"Before breakfast Doctor Grant asks to have a word with you."

"Whatever." I avoid eye contact as I walk past him.

He leads me down the hall to Doctor Grant's room dragging his feet on the ground the entire time. I walk in to find Doctor Grant sat at his computer but smiles when he sees me.

"Ah Grace good to see you, please sit."

I sit down on a gray couch in the corner of the room to see Luke still standing in doorway with his focus on the carpet.

"Well as you know, on the track you're on now we are looking at your release to be in a few weeks."

I smile at the topic, I can finally get out of this place.

"Yes well do you have any thoughts of what you will do upon your release?" He asks

I stiffen at the question. Why haven't I thought about that? I can't go back to my mother and brother, I won't.

"No, no I haven't, I don't actually have a place to go." I look down at my hands in embarrassment.

"No need to worry Grace, you aren't the first person in this situation. We have many options of what you can do, just ask Luke." Doctor Grant smiles.

Luke's head shoots up looking much redder then before.

"What would Luke know about this?"

"Well he had the same problem you do when he was released, but he is gaining money by working here."

I turn to Luke to find he is already staring at me, as he opens his mouth most likely trying to come up with some bullshit lie.

Turns out I'm not the real crazy one here.

------------

PLOT TWIST OOOOOOOO

I would just like to say thank you soooo much for 10,000 reads! It means more than you think to me to know that people like my stories x

vote and comment :)