20%

“Well at this rate we can have you out soon.”

“How long is soon?”

“There isn’t a set day but were looking at a few weeks.”

“Thank you Doctor Grant.”

“Don’t thank me Grace, you’re the one who got better.” He smiles at me.

He leads me out of his office and walks me back to the main room where the rest of the patients are eating lunch. I spot Luke in our usual seats as I run over him.

“Hey.” I sit across from him as he hands me a bag of sour cream and onion chips.

“What did Doctor Grant say?”

“They might let me out soon.”

“That’s great, Grace.”

“Yeah it is.” I smile.

“What will you do when they let you out?”

“I don’t know, but I’ll probably move.”

“What, why?”

“I don’t wanna go back to my old life, I need to get away.”

“You mean get away from your brother.”

“Not just him, everyone.”

“Including me?”

“What, no Luke.”

“You said everyone.”

“I know, but I didn’t mean you I meant everyone outside of this place.”

“Will we still be friends when you get out?”

“Um, sure?”

“You don’t sound too sure of your answer.”

“Well I didn’t exactly consider us friends.”

“Then what the hell did you think I was doing coming and sitting with you every day, or giving you some of my lunch. Why would I tell Doctor Grant to let you out early if we weren’t friends?”

“You did what?’

“I told you that you don’t belong here Grace, so I went and tried to get you out.”

“Why?”

“Because I thought we were fucking friends.” He grabs his trash off the table and leaves me by myself.

Why would Luke go through all that trouble to get me out? I thought he was just doing his job by talking to me, I never thought his intentions were to be my friend. 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

so the offical ship name is 'lace' :) 

hope you enjoyed please vote and tell me what you think xx