Twenty-Seven

"Aren't you going to miss this place?" Dani asked Ethan as he looked at his empty studio.

He smiled, "very much, I grew up here and seeing it this empty just makes me want to fill it up with new paintings and photographs."

After a lot of thought, everyone had agreed on moving somewhere else. Somewhere that allowed them to forget their past and start new.

And that place was Paris.

Michael had promised Ethan and Danielle that he would stop his bad deeds and would open an art gallery, featuring both their art. They would also be teaching classes based on their majors, graphic design and animation. He bought a shop on Boulevard de Strasbourg which was the perfect place to get attention from people.

When it was time for the airplane to depart, Dani held on to Ethan. "Are you scared?" He teased her.

"Duh, this is my first time on a plane."

"Really? There's nothing to be afraid of." And as soon as he finished his sentence, the plane began moving away from the terminal and into the track.

Danielle's stomach began making some strange noises and her heart almost nearly jumped out. The engines were turned on and the plane began moving faster. "Why did I choose the window seat?"

"Because you said you wanted the view." He said, taking out his anime book.

Soon Dani saw how the plane began lifting off, her stomach feeling a sort of push toward her seat.

"That was the last bag sir," Jeff said, grabbing the last red suitcase.

"You don't have to call me sir anymore Jeff, you could just call me Michael." He patted him on the back and headed toward the exit. They saw a man holding a sign that said "Harris."

"Hi, are you Mr. Harris." The man with a French accent said.

"Yes," Michael answered with a smile.

"Right this way sir." They placed all their luggage into the back trunk of an Escalade and drove off.

Dani was very tired, she wasn't able to sleep much on the airplane because her nerves won the best of her. And she soon fell into a nap.

Ethan looked over at her and slightly shook her shoulders, "Dani? Dani?"

"Hmm."

"We're here." He said.

She slightly moved and then opened her eyes slowly. "Okay," she whispered, all she wanted was a bed to sleep on.

Everyone took their luggage to the front porch and patiently waited for Michael to finally reveal the inside. "Welcome everyone, to our new home and to our new lives."

All tiredness within Dani disappeared, she had finally left her shitty family and was now going to live in Paris, with people that care for her very much.

Ethan too was very happy, he was going to begin a new chapter in his life with amazing people surrounding him. He was very proud of his father for stepping out of his illegal job. And for finding the love of his life.

Ethan approached Dani and looked into her sky blue eyes, "to our new lives, together"

"Together" Dani repeated, with a wide smile.

The End.

-

-

Shameless promo but please do check out my other book (which is complete):

~ The Boss's Son (Short Story)