Twenty

"Dani? Can we talk about the kiss?" Both were inside her room, he was laying on her bed while she was beginning to check off her things for the trip.

She puts her phone down and walks toward the bed and sits beside him. "Yeah."

"I want to say this as correctly as possible. You haven't left my mind since our trip to the arcade. My heart just keeps telling me to ask you out, but my mind keeps telling me not to because you deserve much better."

"How can I do much better?" She grabs his hand. "Ethan, you're the best thing that ever happened to me. You helped me escape my shitty home and introduced me to yours. You cared for me when no one else would. And there's something I never told you, but I used to have suicide thoughts because I just couldn't handle my life, but you and your dad have introduced me to a completely new world and showed me the beauty of life. Now we're going to travel the world, something I never would've imagined myself doing, ever. And I'm beyond happy that I'll be sharing the experience with someone I love deeply."

"You love me?" He couldn't help the urge of wanting to kiss her in that very moment, but he wanted the answer first.

Tears were now sliding down her cheek, she hated being so easily emotional, "of course I do. You took me out of a dark hole and brought me to the brightest of the stars."

He didn't want to kiss her, but only give her a hug. She embraced him without any hesitation. Dani cleared off her tears when they separated. "I should probably go to my room now and let you sleep. Maybe we could have our first official date tomorrow?"

"I would love that." She smiles, standing from her bed.

"Okay, well good night." He waved as he was heading for the door. He didn't know whether she would've appreciated a hug or kiss good night, but he didn't want to push it too far. Though they had already had their first kiss, he wanted to take things slow from now and make things go in the right path.

Walking out of the restroom Danielle heads over to her small porch and opens the door, leaving it slightly open to allow fresh air in. When Dani was all tucked in bed, she began thinking about her trip. The place she was most excited about was Los Angeles because she one day hoped to go work for a big company like Disney or Cartoon Network and LA was the place to do that. Soon her mind began showing images of Paris, London, Sydney, Barcelona, and Mexico, which took her to her deep sleep.

"So you guys know what to do?"

"Yes sir."

"Any idea which one is her room?"

"We believe it may be the one with the open door."

He evilly smiles looking at the door, "this is too easy, go right ahead boys. Don't make any noise, just grab her and leave."

"Affirmative."

He grabs his binoculars and watches as his men do their job. They finally reach the door and enter the home. In less than a minute, the men are all out, with the body in their hands. Once in the car, the driver begins driving at full speed. "Jack, I have her."

"Great. Same place as always?" He asked over the phone.

"Correct, just be careful, especially this time around."

"Ok, on my way."