One

"So? What should we do to Harris' son" Ethan's father's rival asks. He rubs a machete against his leg, making him feel the cold metal against his skin.

Ethan's father is one of the most known cartel leaders of the country, but his father messed with Marc's family, another well known cartel leader. Marc got a hold of Ethan as he was getting the mail two days ago. His father has called many times, trying to negotiate a deal to let his son go, but nothing can prevent Marc's bad intentions.

Ethan was afraid, he knew that dealing with these types of people was frightening, they could do anything to anyone.

Marc rubs the blade on Ethan's leg once more, catching his full on attention, "Harris, I'm not going to kill you, but I am going to do something that will remind your father to never mess with me or my family, ever again" Right when he finished his sentence, Marc raised the machete and brought it down, cutting one of Ethan's legs off. Laughter filled the dark room after. Ethan cried of pain, he felt the puddle of blood as it reached under his shirt and got soaked.

Danielle reaches for the front door and opens it quietly. She is trying her best to avoid her so fucked up family. As she reaches for the hallway, she crashes to her father.

"You stupid worthless rat, what the hell are you doing? Can't you watch where you're going?" He yells at her.

She looks down at the ground, swallowing some saliva, "sorry dad, I didn't mean to do that"

"Whatever" he's about to walk away, "and don't forget your chores"

She begins walking to the basement, which is her room, but Jamie pushes her toward the wall. "Ugly rat" she whispers as she heads to the living room. Jamie is her 14 year-old sister and she is the favorite of her parents. When Danielle was only 10, her parents told her that she was consumed due to a rape her mother had, which is why they despised her. The only reason she continues to live with them, is because she doesn't have any other family members. So her family treats her like a slave, in exchange for shelter and food.

But there was something that only herself and her parents knew, a dark secret that could ruin her beloved family. Something that haunts her everyday of her life and will forever be in her memory.