Fifteen

Michael didn't know what to do or say as Danielle cried in his arms, he'd never had to deal with a situation like that.

He calmed when he heard her soft snores 20 minutes after. He cautiously tucked her into bed and decided it was best to not leave her alone. He walked to the white tub chair that was next to the window and watched her, until he was sound asleep.

The next morning, Dani woke up earlier than her alarm and only a bit of light was coming in. When she got up, she noticed someone else was in her room, pictures of what she thought was a dream, came to mind. She thought she had dreamt having her nightmare and Mr. Harris magically appearing to comfort her, but she was proven wrong, seeing that he is seated in her room. She grabbed her robe and quietly walked toward him.

"Mr. Harris?" She gently moved his shoulder.

He slightly shifted before opening his eyes just a bit, "Danielle?"

"Yeah"

Now his eyes were completely opened, "how are you feeling?"

She sighed, she was tired and hungry. "I'm okay, I'm quite hungry, and tired for some reason."

Michael chuckled, "me too. Come, I'll make us something to eat." Danielle followed after him to the kitchen where he made scrambled egg and toast. She was quite shocked, who would've thought that he could cook something. "My wife taught me how to cook a few things, it was one of the many things we did together. I'd do the easy stuff, she was the complete pro." He smiled as he continued to eat.

She remembered Ethan mentioning her yesterday while they were asking each other questions about their family members.

Before she could respond, she heard a yawn coming from the kitchen entrance, "what's going on here?" Ethan comes in only wearing pajama pants. Dani immediately looks away with a light shade of red peaking through her cheeks.

Ethan was a very toned guy, his leg never stopped him from working out, so he obviously had a six pack. "Dani wasn't feeling well this morning so I made her some breakfast. You want some?"

"Yeah." Ethan walked to the kitchen island and sat next to Dani. "You okay?" He asked, placing his hand over hers.

She met his eyes, "yeah, just had a bad dream," she replied giving him a reassuring smile.

"Do you want to go to class today?"

Danielle thought about it, "yeah, we only have a few weeks of school and I don't want to miss on my favorite class."

Michael placed the plate in front of Ethan, "thanks dad." He brought his attention back to Dani, "okay, it's still early, so you could sleep a little longer or just take your time to get ready."

She wanted to sleep longer, but then memories of her dream came back. "I'll just take my time to get ready." She got up from the stool and took her plate to the sink and began washing.

"Oh no Danielle, you could leave that there, I've got it." Jeffrey came out of no where, practically pushing her away from the sink.

She didn't know what to do or say, so she just said, "Thanks." She walked back to Ethan and Michael, "thank you for the breakfast Mr. Harris, it was delicious and thank you for helping me as well." She smiled at him and headed to her room.