Twenty-Two

"Well aren't you just precious?"

"Who are you?"

"I'm Marc, Marc Levine."

"What do you want from me Marc?"

"Revenge."

"Revenge? Revenge from who?"

"Michael Harris."

Dani's heart began speeding, what was this bastard going to do to Ethan's father. "Why?"

"You mean to tell me you don't know who the real Michael Harris is?"

"I don't know what you mean."

"Oh honey, let me tell you a little story." He grabs a nearby chair and sits across from her. "Michael Harris is the biggest cartel leader of all the United States. He sells marijuana all over the world, when he found out I was just behind him, he wanted to get rid of me, but here I am." He sees the surprise in her face, "what? Oh don't tell me, he told you that stupid bullshit of him being a successful business man?"

"Well yes, but Ethan told me that." Dani was shocked, she didn't know Mr. Harris was involved in anything illegal, yet alone being a cartel leader.

"Ahh don't tell me he told you the sob story of him being run over causing him to lose his leg?"

She didn't want to answer that, thinking that probably Ethan had lied to her.

"Seems he did, well he didn't. I cut it off with my machete after I kidnapped him."

Though it hurts her that both Ethan and Michael have been lying to her, she can't imagine what Ethan may have gone through when this evil man did such cruel act. "Why'd you do it?"

"Because Michael thought it'd be okay to come at my family. So I grabbed the only family he's got and I cut off his leg so every time he sees his son, he'll know not to mess with me."

"What are you going to do with me?"

He took a few steps closer to Dani and kneeled down, "I may just keep you for my pleasure."

"No, please don't."

He leans in and gives her a kiss on the lips, but she closes her lips and eyes tight. "You'll get used to it." He laughs and exits the room, leaving her in tears.

"It's right here." Ethan points and Michael immediately parks. They get out of the van and head over to the house. Michael doesn't even dare knocking, he just kicks the door once and it falls to the ground. He tells his seven men to go check out the house.

A few minutes later a female scream comes from upstairs.

"Sir, she was in one of the bedrooms." One of the men says.

"Sit her on the couch." The man does as he's told and walks away after.

Michael gets closer to her, trying to be intimidating, but not in any way intending to hurt her. "So are you going to tell me where your husband is?"

Joanne stayed quiet and just looked up at Michael and Ethan.

To get her to talk, Michael takes out his gun and points it toward her. "How about now?"

"No please don't, I have a daughter."

"Don't you have two? Right, you don't give a shit about the other one. Now tell me where the fuck your husband is." He was becoming impatient, he had to get to Danielle before they did anything to her.

"Okay, okay. But please don't shoot." She raises her hands, tears sliding down her cheek. "They're in the abandoned factory by Lake Timothy."

They don't thank her or say another word, they just run out and into the car, speeding the entire way.