Twenty-Four

"If you give another step, I will cut her throat open.

"NO PLEASE DONT." Dani's cries grew, she didn't want to die. She wanted to go to her trip with Ethan. "PLEASE HAVE MERCY ON ME."

"Dani, sweetie, please don't move. That blade is on your skin and you could accidentally stab it onto yourself." She heard Michael say.

"Oh shut up Harris." Dani felt him pull her toward him, sliding the chair backwards. "Don't you dare get closer Harris."

Michael didn't know what to do, the blade could easily cut her even if they fired a bullet, the impact could cause his hand to move the blade across. He decided to take only one step, holding both his hands out.

"HARRIS DONT MOVE!" Marc scram, bringing the blade even deeper against Dani's skin.

"NO PLEASE NO." She cried out. "Please Mr. Harris, just listen to him."

"She's much smarter than you Michael." Marc was trying his best to keep his composure, but in reality he knew there was no way out of this one. If he killed her, they would kill him and if he didn't kill her, they would still kill him. When his back finally reached the window he thought fast and decided to make a gesture toward the entrance, so it could seem as if someone was there. Right when he did, everyone's attention went toward the door and he took the opportunity to jump out the window. He didn't know what was on the ground, but when you're in a situation like that you can't think straight.

The impact wasn't as bad as he thought, he got up limping from his right leg and ran toward the forest.

Ethan was hiding behind a tree when he heard a window glass shatter. He saw the man that cut his leg off and tightened his grip on the gun. Marc was approaching the tree he was hiding behind and thought it was now or never. Right when Marc reached it, Ethan pulled the trigger aiming at his leg.

Marc fell to the grass holding his leg toward his chest. "YOU BASTARD."

Ethan walked toward him, the gun pointing at Marc. "WHERE'S DANIELLE?" It was all he cared about, he wanted to know if she was okay.

"She's dead." Marc said as he cried over his leg.

Ethan's heart stopped, the gun fell out of his hand and his knees gave in and kneeled onto the ground. "No, that can't be true." Tears began to form in his eyes. "THAT CAN'T BE TRUE." He screamed, reaching out to grab the gun once again. He held it out and pointed toward Marc's head. "You killed her, you killed the love of my life. The only person that was able to help me out from the situation you put me in."

"You're father brought you into everything the day he decided to have a son." Marc smirked.

"SHUT UP, SHUT THE FUCK UP." All the anger was piling up inside Ethan, he couldn't take it. His stupid smirk was what caused Ethan to pull the trigger again, this time aiming in between his eyes.