Chapter 16

Chapter 16... Tristan

After I heard the word guilty, my heart sank. I heard Emmaleigh crying into my shoulder. She knew that she would be headed to New York.

"Emmaleigh Eldridge's Aunt Martha Fraylan now has full custody over her until she turns eighteen." Judge Marcus said. She then sobs louder. All I simply did was hold her in my arms and comforted her in any way I could. Lorraine came up to us and said it was time to go. Em looked at me with fearful eyes and she started to shake.

"You can go with her Tristan." my mom said.

"Thank you." I said. I stand Emmaleigh up and I walk her to my car. When we arrive at the CPS building and her face was stained from all the crying she did.

"I'm sorry." she said.

"It's fine." I smile to reassure her.

"I'm scared." she said.

"I know you are. Everything will be okay. You will be living with your aunt-" she cuts me off.

"To be honest, I have never met her. She is my dad's sister. Which is really sad that I haven't met her. She has three kids and I don't even know their names." she laughs and continues to pack her things. Then a knock comes on the door. Emmaleigh groans in agony.

"Here all they do is knock on your door. I wish they gave you one of those signs that they give you at hotels, you know the one that says 'Do Not Disturb'." She laughs and then answers the door.

"Hi Emmaleigh!" a little boy says sweetly.

"Hey Sawyer." she says.

"How did it go today?" he asked. He looked at me and smiled.

"I have to go to New York." she says.

"Aw. You are the first person here I actually liked," he looks down at the ground,"and you are now leaving like Kelly." He starts to cry and I feel bad for him.

"No, I would never do that!" she pulls him into a hug," if it was my choice, I would stay here." She looks at me and I know she means it toward me too.

"Will you write?" Sawyer asked.

"Yes of coarse I will." She let's go of him.

"Is this your boyfriend?" He asked while pointing at me.

"Yes he is." she says. He then walks up to me.

"You better not hurt her or I will hunt you down and hurt you myself." he said.

"Don't worry that is the last thing in my mind." I say. Sawyer then walks out of the room and Emmaleigh shuts the door. She walks up to me and before she can say anything there is another knock on the door. Man I'm already annoyed by that and I have only been here for less than an hour. She rolls her eyes and answers the door.

"Hi Marly." she said.

"I know it's been about an hour since the hearing but your flight leaves at eight tonight." she said.

"What!?" Em asked.

"I'm sorry." she said.

"Can I not catch a break?" Emmaleigh said. Marly then walks out of the room.

"Tristan, that means I only have less than six hours to say goodbye." she says.

"Well, let's get started." I say with a smile.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

We visit Jane first.

"I am so sorry Emmaleigh." Jane says.