Chapter 23

Chapter 23....Emmaleigh

Mr. Baker's funeral service was very beautiful. Although I never got the chance to meet him, I still cried like I did. Tristan was quiet all day. He didn't want to speak to anyone, even me. Even a girl who didn't say much tried to talk to him. Her mother mentioned she didn't talk much. She also mentioned she likes Tristan. I'm not jealous or anything, but he's mine.

"Tristan I know you lost someone really close to you, but you need to talk to me." I say softly. He grabs my hand and leads me up to his room. He pulls me into a hug and it's a different kind of hug. Not like his usual comforting ones.

"T, what's wrong?"

"I love you."

"Yeah I know."

"I love you." He is really starting to scare me. I pull away from his embrace.

"What's going on?" I start to cry because I know this is leading no where.

"I love you, very much. And that's why I'm about to do this." He trails off and looks away from me.

"What are you talking about?" My voice cracks because I know what he's about to do.

"I don't think we should see each other anymore." He whispers.

"No." I run up and give him a hug. He pulls away.

"No, don't put yourself through more heartache than you already are!" I say.

"Please leave." He turns away and lays on his bed. My tears are flowing a lot faster than I thought they would.

"No Tristan, don't do this." I say. All of my words come out in muffles.

"Just go." He says plainly. On the outside he's serious. On the inside I know he regrets this.

"Fine." I whisper. I run out and down the stairs. Sarah grabs my hand.

"Emmaleigh? Where are you going?" She asks sweetly.

"I'm sorry, I have to go." I let go of her hand and ran outside. My heart was breaking as I was walking down each step.

"Emma!" Mrs. Annie yells. I stop dead in my tracks.

"Yes." I say weakly.

"What's wrong?" She asks. She comes up to me and turns me to face her.

"A-ask T-T-Tristan." I jerk away from her and run.

~~~~~~~~~~~

I walk into the airport again and head toward the gates. I turn and the one I want to be with me, isn't here. He will never be here. I see a familiar face and Annie comes into view.

"Emma! I'm so sorry." She pulls me into a hug and holds me tight.

"I have to go. Tell him it's okay." She nods and I turn toward the gates again. I look one more time and Tristan still isn't there. I board the plane and tears fall down my face again. I sit for the long agonizing flight and land in New York some time later. My aunt comes up and grabs my arm. I know I'm in trouble because I kinda snuck off to go see Tristan.

Tristan.

That name still makes me cry every time I hear it.

"Where did you go?!" She yells.

"I went to see my boy-. My friend. His father passed away and he needed me. I paid for the trip myself and I didn't use a dime of yours." After that she slaps me. Hard.

"Don't ever leave without my permission again!" She drives home and throws me in my room. She takes away my laptop and my phone.

"No food or anything for you until you learn some appreciation for your family." She slams the door. I hear some clinking and I know she locked it from the outside. At this point, it doesn't really matter. I wasn't mad at her. I didn't cry because I was scared. I knew the feeling of abuse and abandonment, nothing new toward me.

I'm just going to be alone with my broken heart.

A/N:

I am so sorry for the long awaited update! Trust me, writer's block is no joke.

Thank you guys so much for sticking with this story! Please vote and comment and show me you want more with this story.

I don't think there will be many more chapters to this story. 4-5 at the most. If you want to know the ending, please let me know and I will continue updating!

-LBB