Chapter 3

Three..... Emmaleigh

Jane and I ended up having Algebra together. At the end of class she came up to me with a killer grin.

"What?"

"You know what!"

"I don't know what and you are starting to freak me out." I said startled.

"Two words. Tristan. Baker."

"Okay?"

"What is up with you too?"

"We are friends. he sits next to me in Spanish, Biology, and History. No big deal."

"He is in like every single one of your classes. It IS a big deal!" She said with a loud voice.

"Whatever Jane."

As she walks away I start to think Tristan is cute, sweet, and funny, but why would he give me the time of day?

The bell interrupts my thoughts. I start to head home when I hear a familiar voice beside me.

"Hey Em."

"Hi Tristan. Nice ride."

"Thanks. It's a-"

I cut him off.

" A 1964 Ford Mustang."

"You know cars?"

"Some of them." I said with a smirk.

"Now I'm impressed. Do you need a ride?"

"No thanks. I always walk home."

"Why would you do that?"

"My home isn't that far. And I need my exercise."

"What if you get kidnaped?" his eyes full with such emotion I almost forget what we are talking about.

"Don't worry, it won't happen."

"Anythings possible. Just let me give you a ride. Please?"

"Since you asked, fine."

I climb in the passenger side. I notice him staring right into my eyes. His are a calm shade of blue.

"You do know you have beautiful green eyes right?" he gave me a huge smile.

"Thank you." I look down and feel my cheeks burn with blush. I hope Tristan didn't notice.

"Directions please?"

I give him directions to my house. He pull up in my driveway.

"Thanks for the ride Tristan."

"You know this could be a regular thing." he said with a charming smirk.

"Goodbye Tristan."

"Bye Em."

I climb out of his car and start walking towards my door. I feel his eyes on me.

"Wait Emmaleigh."

"Yes?" I ask curiously.

"What is your last name?"

"Eldridge." I smile.

"Emmaleigh Eldridge. It fits you very well." he smiles at me one more time.

I turn and walk inside. I'm lost in my own thoughts and images of Tristan.

"Who was that?" Dad asks me.

Why did he have to start talking?

"I'm sorry what was the question?" I ask him.

"I said 'Who was that?'" He repeated.

"Just a friend from school Dad."

"By that look in your eyes I can tell he is not just a friend." he starts to laugh.

"Dad, I'm serious. He is just a new friend I made today. No big deal."

"Uh huh."

Great. Now he sounds like Jane.

"He is Dad!"

"Whatever you say Emma."

I rolled my eyes at him. Dads. I walk up to my room and look at my laptop. I notice I have an email from Facebook.

TRISTAN BAKER WANTS TO BE YOUR FRIEND

I wasn't shocked. I accepted it and thought to myself he likes me, but why? Most guys and surprisingly girls don't think I'm pretty. I am as pale as snow and have freckles basically everywhere. With red hair on top of that.

No guy on the face of this Earth would ever consider going on a date with me. Or am I wrong?