Chapter 24

Chapter 24....Tristan

I laid on my bed for hours. Which turned out to be days. Knocks came on my door, but I never answered them. I then hear it open and look to see my mom.

"Hey sweetie." I just stare at her.

"I said bye to Emmaleigh at the airport." Em. My Em is gone. And it's all my fault.

"Why?" She asks. I shrugged my shoulders and she gave me a glare.

"Why did you break up with her Tristan?" She asks more sternly.

"I don't know." I mumbled.

"That girl was so broken. You know she snuck off to come here for you? Her aunt now has her locked in her room. She risked it all to come see you. And you let her leave broken and confused. She and your family, we are the light in your life. Why close us out sweet heart?" She says.

"I thought it was best."

"Best for who? Her or yourself?" Neither actually.

"I'm an idiot."

"I know." She says. Mom hands me an envelope. I open it and see two plane tickets in it.

"What is this?"

"You and my attorney are going to get Emmaleigh back."

"How?"

"Since I found out about her situation, I'm recalling her case. She is going to stay with us for a while. You will leave in a couple of days." I give her a hug and then change out of my suit I still had on. Dad would have loved Em. I was wrong to break her heart. I shouldn't have done it and I regret it more than ever. I'm going to get her back. No matter how much it takes.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

The attorney and I walk into the airport with our tickets. We hand them off and we board the plane.

"We will be going in, giving the papers to the people, get the girl, and leave."

"Sounds like a spy mission." I say.

"Yeah, Mr. James at your service." He says.

"Is your first name Bond?" I say with a laugh.

"No, it's Tom." He smiles and we are silent for the rest of the flight. We land and head straight for Emmaleigh at her aunt's house. Mr. James knocks on the door and a rude looking lady opens the door.

"What do you want? It's almost eight o'clock at night." Our flight was delayed so it ended up being five days since the funeral.

"We are here for Emmaleigh." He says. She smiles in relief.

"Finally. She was a mess to keep up with." She takes the documents out of Mr. James hands and signs them. She heads upstairs and I follow her. She gets a key out of her pocket and opens a door.

"Take her." She walks away and I think of how much of a monster she is. I walk over to Em and I hear her growling stomach instantly. I look at her face and see bags under her eyes. Mr. James walked in with a lady behind her. She starts to pack all of Em's things and gives them to Mr. James.

"I'm so sorry. She has been in this room for the past three days and the only food she has had was what I could sneak her." The lady said. I nodded toward her and scooped up Em in my arms. She snuggles close to my chest.

"Let's go Tristan." Mr. James says. We walk out toward the cab and I stare at Emmaleigh. I don't know why I broke up with her and I hope she can forgive me for it.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

We drive to a hotel and stay the night before our flight in the morning. I lay Em down on the hotel room bed and she suddenly pouted. She must of liked where she was. I take off my shoes and lay on the other side of the bed with her. She then moves over and leans on my shoulder. I wrap my arm around her and actually get peaceful sleep for the first time in the last few days.

A/N:

New update! Alright so I changed my mind and decided there will only be two chapters left in this story! It's finally coming to an end! Since I'm in the writing mood, I might write them all within the next couple of days! So still please vote and comment and let me know what you think!

-LBB