Chapter 12

Chapter Twelve..... Tristan

After Emmaleigh and I eat breakfast, she heads back to her house.

"I will pick you up around seven." I tell her.

"Okay I'll see you then." She smiles and kisses my cheek. This has to be the perfect date she will ever experience. I decide to do a picnic in the park. She loves the outdoors and the stars. I walk to the park and see these trees alined in a perfect circle. This is the spot. I walk back home and run into my mom.

"Hey can you make diner for Em and I tonight? Like as in for a picnic, please?" I ask.

"Sure. Where will you have it at?" she asks.

"In the park under lights hanging in the tree." I say with a smile.

"Sounds romantic. Did you do it already?" she asked.

"Uh no but I will." We both laugh. She walks off and her smile turns into a frown. She looks like she is hiding something.

"Mom are you okay?" I ask.

"Yes I am and you will be too." she says. I don't understand what she means by this but I don't really care. Tonight is about Emmaleigh. I drive to the park and start decorating. I put lanterns that will light up when it turns dark and some lights you would see on Christmas trees wrapped around the tree. If she doesn't like this I will probably cry. I go back home and see Sarah watching TV.

"Hey Tristan." Sarah says.

"Hey Sarah." I say. I sit beside her and she looks at me.

"Are you and Emmaleigh going to get married?" she asks. I almost choke on my own saliva.

"What?" I ask while coughing.

"You heard me. Are you?" she asks with a giggle.

"I don't know. I haven't thought that far ahead." I tell her.

"Well you need to because she is the best thing that has happened to you. Don't let her go." Sarah says.

"You know you are to smart for a five year old." I say.

"I'm five and three quarters." she says.

"Whatever Sarah." I push her and then she pushes me. My mom then yells from the kitchen.

"Your basket is finished Tristan." she says.

"Thanks Mom." I tell her. I change my clothes into a green polo and khakis. I grab the basket and head to my car. I give my mom a hug and she walks upstairs.

"I have to make a phone call. I will see you in a little bit." She gives me a half smile and she continues up the stairs. I drive to the park and put the basket down on the blanket. I drive to Emmaleigh's house with a blindfold in my hand. She climbs out her window in a beautiful blue dress. I still hate the way she is treating her father. I don't want to be the bad guy in this situation. She climbs in and smiles at me.

"I hate sneaking around your father like this." I tell her.

"A year ago he gave me the silent treatment and now I'm returning the favor." she says. I put the blindfold over her eyes and she is startled.

"I guess you don't want me to know anything huh?" she says.

"Now you are getting the picture." I tell her. When we pull up to the park, I stop and open her door and pull her out. She is very tense and I see she is nervous.

"Don't be scared Em. Everything will be okay, I promise." I tell her. She nods and I pull her towards the picnic. I stop her and take the blindfold off of her. Her eyes wonder off to everything. She looks at all the lights, the beautiful picnic, and finally at me.