Epilogue

Four Years Later....

Emmaleigh....

High school went on like normal. Of coarse nothing major happened. Tristan and I stayed together through it all. Prom, graduation, first day of college, we did practically everything you could think of.

"Ready?" Tristan asks. Today was the day before our first day of junior year at college. We decided to go to Duke University. Tristan realized he liked math and science, which made him decide to become an engineer. I decided to become a lawyer to help people who are in situations like mine. I mainly want to do abuse cases mostly among teenagers.

"Yes." He smiles at me and we start to move boxes into our new apartment. With our side jobs, we were able to afford an apartment this year instead of living on campus.

"Isn't this nice?" Tristan asks.

"Yes, for the hundredth time." I say with a smile.

"I'm sorry! This is the first major decision I have ever made with my life!"

"I thought it was 'What shirt should I wear this morning?'" I smile and I start to run. He chases after me and picks me up from my waist.

"You and that sarcasm." He kisses my cheek and puts me down.

"Okay seriously. We have to unpack most of the boxes and then go out for dinner tonight."

"Where are we going?" I ask.

"I can't tell you. That would ruin the surprise."

"You know how much I hate surprises!"

"I know." We smile and I become really excited for tonight. I'm also very apprehensive about it too. There is no telling what will happen with Tristan.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Tristan....

After being with Em for four years, I thought I would make this anniversary even more special.

"Ready Em?" I ask.

"I guess." She says. I blindfold her after she gets into my car.

"Is this necessary?" She asks.

"Yes." She huffs in annoyance as I start to drive. I drove back to the park where I first told her I loved her. I asked my brothers to put the lanterns back in the trees to make night into day. I was also going to add another special memory to this place. I drove to the park and turned off the car.

"Are we there yet?" She asks.

"Almost, patience Em." I say.

"This is very nerve wracking!"

"You and me both." I whisper vaguely.

"What was that?"

"Nothing!" I open her door and pull her hands out of the car. I lead her to the blanket underneath the lanterns.

"Can I take this off yet?" She asks.

"Almost." I look and see my mom behind a tree with my brothers and sister. They gave me a thumbs up and I see my mom start to cry. Mothers. I get behind Emmaleigh and take a deep breath as I get down on one knee.

"Okay Em, now."

"Finally, it was becoming very itchy under this thing!" She threw the blindfold across the lawn.

"Where did you-" She stops talking and looks around in amazement. She sees the picnic I have out for her and the candles that are glowing. Most of all, she sees the lanterns that were from our real first date.

"Tristan this is-" She turns and stops when she sees me. I hold out a diamond ring in my hand and smile at her beautiful face. Her hand goes to her mouth and tears begin to flow.

"Emmaleigh Eldridge, would you do me the honor of becoming my wife and long time friend forever?" She stares at me and we are in silence. It's killing me.

"Are you serious?" She says.

"Really, really serious." I say with a stern face. No smirks or smiles, this is the most important decision I will ever make in my life.

"Yes."

"Yes, what?" Now I smile.

"Yes I will marry you!" She says with excitement.

"Alrighty then." I slowly put the ring on her finger and she smiles with the most beautiful smile I have ever seen.
After I put the ring on I jump up and give her a hug.

"I love you so much Tristan." She whispers in my ear.

"I love you too." Once Emmaleigh calmed down, everyone came out from behind the trees and congratulated us.

"I can't wait to start planning this wedding!" Mom exclaims.

"Me either, Annie." Em says. I look at Em and I'm so glad I met her. She is the most amazing woman I have ever met. I'm glad I'm going to spend the rest of my life with her. And we always know if we are ever in any pain or struggles, we think of each other and we know everything will be okay. Which I will live by that for the rest of my life.

"Let's eat I'm starving!" Em says.

"Alrighty." I say.

And that's what we do.

THE END