Chapter 25

Chapter 25.... Emmaleigh

After a few days of not eating much, it was very easy just to fall in an endless sleep. I woke up to feel something hard beside me. I opened my eyes to find a sleeping Tristan next to me. I jump and I land on the floor with a thud. Where am I?

"Em? Are you okay?" Tristan asks. I stay quiet so maybe he won't hear me.

"Where are you?" He looks at me dead in the face.

"There you are." He gives one of those hypnotizing grins. It makes my stomach flutters and my heart break at the same time.

"I know you are confused, but we are getting you home. Well my home." He stands up and holds out his hand to me. I take it and as I stand up, I trip over my own feet. I look up and see Tristan's eyes look into mine. I back away from him fast and start to walk away.

"I'm going to eat breakfast." I whisper.

"I'll come-" I cut him off.

"Alone." I shut the door behind me and walk toward the elevator. I lean on the wall inside the elevator and think. Why is Tristan here? Why am I at a hotel? Does my aunt know I'm gone? So many things running through my head, it all gets interrupted by the ding of the elevator. I walk to the breakfast bar and grab anything and everything that's edible. I sit and eat like a hungry dog on the side of the street. Sad, I know, but that's how I feel. A man sits beside me and looks at me with sympathy.

"Hello there, I'm Mr. Tom James." He holds his hand out and I shake it out of politeness.

"I'm your attorney in your case." He says.

"What case?" I ask.

"Your abuse case in court."

Abuse

I hate that word. I hate the action of the word. I don't even wish it upon my worse enemy.

"Oh."

"Annie Baker sent me here to pick you up, take you back home, and you are to live with her until you are of age or you leave for college." He says.

"Why?" I stare at him. No one would ever go through this much trouble for me. Especially since I'm technically an 'ex' in the family.

"They care for you Emmaleigh. All of them. Especially Tristan." He says. He finished his food and went back to his room. I stare at my empty plate and then throw it away. I am really full. Which is a good thing. I decide to head back upstairs to talk to Tristan.

~~~~~~~~~~

I knock on the door and Tristan opens it instantly.

"We need to talk." I say.

"I was about to say the same thing." He says. I walk in and sit on the bed. He sits beside me and we stare at each other.

"I'm sorry." He says.

"About what?" I say. I know what he is sorry for, but I'm not gonna give into him that easily.

"For breaking your heart. I know it isn't a good excuse, but I wanted to push everyone away from me. I felt I had no one to talk to. Which is dumb."

"You have me, remember? I lost practically both of my parents. I know what it's like. You will never be alone, T." I grab his hand and intertwine our fingers. He squeezes my hand and I know we are almost okay.

"I know you lost your father, it will take time to heal your heart. Just don't push anyone away anymore, especially me." I say.

"I promise. I'll try not to be alone anymore."

"Just remember one thing."

"What is that?"

"When you feel alone or sad, just think of me." He smiles and pulls me into a hug.

"I love you." He says into my ear.

"I love you too." He pulls back and cups my cheek. He leans in and our lips touch. Sparks and fireworks are everywhere. Our lips move in sync and I realize I don't need a family or a home, I just need Tristan. He is all I will ever need.

"Will you, Emmaleigh Eldridge, be my girlfriend? Again?" He smiles.

"I'll have to think about that..." I trail off and smirk at him.

"Come on Em! Don't leave me hanging!" We laugh and I nod at him.

"Of coarse I will be, forever and always."

~~~~~~~~~~

Tristan and I head home that afternoon. We board the plane hand in hand and I know everything will be okay.

We land and Annie greets us at the main gate. She gives both of us a hug and I hug are tightly.

"I'm so glad both of you are home." She says.

"Me too Annie, me too."

A/N:

One more chapter to go! Thanks so much for reading and please VOTE & COMMENT!!!