British Guys Aren't Cute - Chapter Thirty-Five

'Throughout the whole of England the drinking of tea is general. You have it twice a day and though the expense is considerable, the humblest peasant has his tea, just like the rich man,'
Francois de La Rochefoucauld

Chapter Thirty-Eight

Milo sat in the car, staring out the window, his blue eyes fighting to hold back tears. He had told her, finally, that he loved her. He had let it all out and yet she still slammed the door in his face. She didn't love him, she didn't say it back, and it was killing Milo. His mind thought back to the kiss, he had given it all he had, all his emotion and love was poured into a single kiss, but it hadn't worked. She still ran. 

Dan drove along the road, looking for a place to stop. Milo was broken, Nora was gone; it was the perfect time to take his revenge. His revenge that he had waited for so long to exact upon his brother. Dan hated the term - brother - Milo hasn’t his brother, hell even saying that Milo was his half brother made his stomach turn. Milo had taken so much from him; so much that was rightfully Dan’s, and now it was time to get his revenge. He had fail so many times, hiring hit men who never did the job correctly; but then Dan figured it out. He figured out that Nora was Milo’s weakness; if he could hurt her, or even get her to break up with Milo, he would hurt Milo just as much as killing him. So that’s what he did, of course it wasn’t easy, but Dan never expected to be in this situation; in the middle of nowhere, with his broken brother sitting next to him; and a gun in the boot. 

Dan drove onwards, before suddenly spotting a place to spot. He pulled over, Milo looking over at him as he did.

“Why are you stopping?” Milo questioned, his voice dull. Milo looked over at Dan, his blue eyes dark. 

“I just need to check something, just wait here,” Dan answered quickly before opening his door and jumping out of the range rover. Milo didn’t question his brother, and instead simply turned away and looked straight out of the window, not even bothering to pay attention to his brother. Dan walked behind the car, before opening the boot. He lifted up the boot floor, smiling brightly as he did. Lying under the car boot floor, was a shot gun, shiny, new and ready to blow dear Milo’s brains out. 

Dan grabbed the gun, quietly checking that it was fully loaded before lifting it out of the boot and slamming the door shut. His heart beat raced as he held the gun, excitement pulsing through his body.

‘Too long we have waited for this, too long,’ a voice spoke in Dan’s head as his blue eyes grew lightly, holding the same excitement a six year old felt at Christmas. He took a deep breath, clearing his head, before storming around to the passenger side of the car, and opening the door. Milo fell out a little as the door he had been leaning on swung open, he swore a little before managing to sit up properly in the car.

“What the hell, Dan?” He questioned before turning around, looking out of the car. If his heart wasn’t so broken from Nora, it would of stopped in his chest. He held his breath as he looked out to his brother, Dan’s eyes gleaming with insanity. 

“Get out of the car,” Dan ordered, his voice low. Milo didn’t questioned his brother as he stretched around to undo his seatbelt, Milo not breaking eye contract with his brother as he did. “What’s going on Dan? Is this some practical joke?” Milo questioned, not taking the situation seriously. Why was his brother - his own flesh and blood - pointing a gun at his head? Why did Dan have a gun in the first place? Hell, was it even loaded? 

“Just get out of the fucking car, Milo!” Dan shouted loudly. Milo jumped back slightly at his answer, before climbing slowly out of the car. Dan stepped back from Milo, still aiming the gun at his head. “Walk into the field, just keep walking - don’t look back,” Dan ordered. Milo didn’t need to be told twice. He had no idea what had come over Dan, but he knew that questioning it wouldn’t get him anywhere - especially when he was holding a gun.

Milo walked into the field, Dan following behind him, the gun still pointed at his back. 

“What’s going on Dan?” Milo questioned, walking as slowly as possible, trying to figure out why his brother was holding a gun towards him! Nothing right now made sense to Milo. Dan let out a laugh, barely managing to stop him self. Milo stopped in his tracks, turning around to face his older brother but not daring to move closer to him. Dan stood a few meters away from him, barely managing to control himself with laughter. Milo glanced over to the road, they weren’t that far from it, but it was growing dark and since the winter weather had set in, it wouldn’t take long until it was completely dark. 

“Milo - I know you’ve never been the brightest; but isn’t it pretty obvious what is going on? Have you not figured it out yet?” Dan questioned, a huge grin on his face. His hands shook slightly around the gun, finally realising that he would get his revenge. He would be free from everything that held him back. Milo shook his head slowly, just managing to bite his tongue from shouting out at Dan. Dan laughed a little more, but managed to stay in control a little more. “Milo, brother,” He spat, “There’s a shiny little bullet in this gun; a bullet that’s going to go right through your pretty little head,” Dan grinned, looking up at Milo. 

Milo froze. His mind when completely blank. The first thought was Dan’s eyes. The seriousness in the blue, the deep blue colour that they both shared. He knew Dan was serious, simply from his eyes. The second thought was Nora. Nora invaded his mind like an army, pushing out all thoughts of Dan’s threats in a milli-second, replacing them with the joy he had felt, the love he felt for her; the heartbreak that ached him. Dan’s threat didn’t even get under Milo’s skin, no matter how serious his brother was. The girl he had loved had push him away. The girl he loved, didn’t love him back. No amount of bullets would ever be able to match the heartbreak that he felt.

“Why?” He questioned slowly, not tearing his gaze away from Dan, watching as he raised the gun towards his head, the gun clicking as he turned the safety off. 

“Why? Why not? Think about it, Milo! I was the first born, I should be the crown prince - I should have a father and a mother and a girlfriend - but no, because of my mother I’m stuck being second best to you. Second best son; second best royal; second best to everyone - and I’ve had enough. My mother made me see sense - not your whore of a mother - my mother, she loved my father but he went after her, that woman who thought she could be my mum! Her dying wish was to see me get my revenge - and that’s what I’m doing,” Dan sneered, laughing throughout it. Milo just stood there, accepting his fate. He didn’t care. Nora stayed in his mind. He prayed that she would be okay; that she would find somebody she loved, just as much as he loved her; that she would be happy. 

“Just do one thing for me, Dan,” Milo requested, Dan raising his eyebrows up in question. “Tell Nora I love her,” Dan laughed at his request, rolling his eyes at his weak brother. How could he let a woman steal his heart so easily? Nobody that weak could be king! Nobody that weak deserved to be king!

“Fair enough,” Dan shrugged, raising the gun to his brother again, his finger ready to pull the trigger. Dan’s gaze flickered to along the barrel of the gun, aiming at his brother heart. He took a deep breath in before exhaling, relaxing slightly before pushing the trigger in. 

“I love you, Nora Flynn,” Milo muttered, closing his eyes, ready for death to take over. Dan pulled the trigger. Dan sucked in a breath, Milo mili-seconds from death, when a voice broken the silence that had fallen over the brothers. 

“Love you too, idiot!”

Milo’s eyes open, shock took over. 

A shot was fired.

A scream was let out.

Nora’s scream.

A body fell to the floor. 

Tear’s fell. Blood flowed.

But who's?