British Guys Aren't Cute - Chapter Four

'I'm half British, half American. My passport has an eagle with a tea bag in its beak,' 

Bob Hope, 'My Life in Jokes'

Chapter Four

Post 259:

So yesterday, I stumbled across a website... DateBritishGuys.com to be precise. Seriously? SERIOUSLY? Do I even need to explain my frustration on this one? (If the answer is yes; I'll direct you to the title of this blog!) Anyway, the website is for 'American women looking to meet and date Brits,' 

Having a dating website devoted to helping American woman meet British males just kills me. If you want a properly hot Brit, move to London and stand on the street in you underwear — that will get you some attention!

Just as Nora clicked on the post button, an angry Skye ran into her room. 

"WHAT THE FUCK HAVE YOU DONE TO MY FACE?" She shrieked, scaring Nora and making her have a heart attack, before falling off her chair.

Skye's blonde hair was all frizzy, making her look like she had been dragged through a hedge backwards. Her blue eyes were wide and seemed full of insanity — if that was even possible. It was the mornings that Nora liked the most. Skye had never suited the whole 'just rolled out of bed look' and Nora took pride in seeing her model of a best friend look like any other female, even if it was just five short minutes in the morning. However, this particular morning, Skye looked worse than usual due to the pictures that Sean and Nora had drawn on their best friend's face. 

"Jesus, Skye! Don't sneak up on me!" Nora replied, clutching her chest, her heart thumping hard in her chest. Nora had never liked people sneaking up on her; especially since she was brought up with 6 other sisters who had a bad habit of jumping out of corners just to see Nora's reaction.

"WHAT DID YOU DO TO MY FACE?" Skye shouted in reply, not caring too much about Nora. Skye pointed to her face, pointing out all the pretty drawings that Nora and Sean had drawn on her face last night. Nora held back a snigger as she thought about her reply. 

"It wasn't me!" Nora replied, trying to stop a giant smile breaking out on her face.

"Of course it wasn't!" Skye replied, rolling her eyes. 

"It was the… er… leprechauns!" 

"Leprechauns? Really, Nora, you think I'm that stupid!" Skye replied, her voice still angry. "Leprechauns only live in Ireland! You know that; you're the one who told me!"

 "They… em… moved," Nora replied, desperately trying to get herself out of getting in trouble. It had seemed like the perfect idea for revenge last night, but now it wasn't looking too bright. Skye had a temper you did not want to mess with. 

"They moved?" Skye repeated.

"Yeah, they got sick of the Irish weather,"

"Oh right... makes sense I guess..." Skye replied. Nora honestly couldn't get over the fact that Skye was actually falling for it, and actually believing that leprechauns were real — let alone had moved to London because of the weather! 

"Sadly, they had to leave their pots of gold. They couldn't get it through security,"  Nora added, wondering how far she could take this. 

"Poor leprechauns; they should sue," Skye replied, her voice sounding sad.

"They should! It's discrimination against small, angry, drunk dwarfs!" Nora added, somehow managing to keep the laughter down. Skye walked out of her room, and Nora became to climb back up off the floor. She checked her laptop to see how her latest post was doing before closing the laptop.