British Guys Aren't Cute - Chapter One

"There will be no more British guys. Unless they are members of the royal family, of course. " 

Meg Cabot, 'Queen of Babble' 

Chapter One

Post 256: 

'Fact: British guy's aren't cute. They just aren't. All you American girls out there planning to marry a cute British guy with an even cuter British accent, just stop — like right now. It's not going to happen. If you want to find out what the typical male is like in Britain, watch The Inbetweeners. And then tell me if you still want to marry a Brit,'

Nora finished off her post for the day, smiling slightly at the cold, hard truth it before clicking on the send button. She could almost hear the million tiny clicks of computer mouses as girls all over the world clicked on to her site to read her recent post. 

She had been blogging about British guys since she had first moved from Ireland to London three years ago. It started off as something fun to do, just a little drunken revenge on her ex boyfriends, but now with over a million people reading her posts all over the world, blogging had become something slightly more important. 

By day she was just another student trying to survive university and the chaos of London; but by night she was a blogger, complaining about the men in her country to the entire world and trying desperately to make them all see sense.

Of course there were those who would disagree with her opinion, saying that their must be some nice British guys that she would want to date. But Nora would always simply smile and tell them that of course there were British men that she would date; it's just that they all fell under the international rule of all good men are married/gay/in a relationship/or living with their mother, and then there was also the fact that Nora was far too picky to settle for any of them. 

"Nor? Are you done yet?" Skye complained, standing directly behind Nora. Skye was her best friend, and she had been waiting impatiently for 10 minutes while Nora finished off her post. For Skye waiting 10 minutes for something was almost near impossible. Nora had considered taking her to the doctor so she could be diagnosed ADHD; but there was no way Skye would even wait long enough to get seen by the doctor. 

Nora took one last look at the post, watching the number of reads increase, before slamming her laptop shut. She spun round on her chair to come face to face with the blonde crazy she called her best friend. 

"Canwegonow?" Skye asked, saying it so quickly that it made it seem like it was all one word. Her big, bright, green eyes sparked with excitement as she pleaded to her best friend.

"Okay - just let me get ready," Nora replied, looking down at Skye's black figure hugging dress. As much as Nora loved Skye like a sister — usually significantly more than she loved the actual sisters she had - Skye made her feel insignificant in girl terms. Skye was loud, could get any guy, gay or not, she wanted by simply blinking in their direction, but most of all - Skye had looks that could kill. And they probably had! Skye probably killed Bambi's mother with her looks alone! Nora wasn't even joking when she said that, they had both watched 'Bambi' the year before and while Nora sat there balling her eyes out; Skye was laughing — partly at Nora, but mostly at the film. 

"You look fine! The very cute guys will be pouring over you! Come on lets just go!" Skye whined, taking Nora's hand and pulling her half across her room. 

"SKYE! I'm still in my bloody pajamas!" She laughed, looking down at her over-sized Jimi Hendrix top and pink bottoms. 

"So!" Skye said struggling, ignoring the obvious. "Your point is?"