1

Tempest swirled through the darkened clouds. Spinning and turning, she dove. Lightning crackled to the left of her head and she channeled it into her claws unleashing a deafening thunderclap that raced through the storm dragons territory. It was all mountains so the sound carried for a long time.

A Grey dragon with dark royal blue wings was waiting for Tempest, watching with a scowl of disappointment. "Your techniques are sloppy and all over the place. By the moons Tempest be proud." Hurricane finished looking at Tempest, whose shoulders were slumped. "Sorry Hurricane." Tempest mumbled and Hurricane sighed. "How many times do I need to remind you, you irresponsible dragonet. You are a stormwing. Your green wings remind you. You are the only one so we need to practice in order to keep you safe."

She was told the same reminded her while life. The stormwings controlled the weather or when they felt powerful emotions, fit their mood. The only identifiable way of knowing that they were was their green wings. Other normal dragons like hurricane were born with light blue wings. They got deeper as they aged and moved on in the rankings. Once they were a royal blue color only then would you take an apprentice. The queen and her daughters had Grey wings and wore expensive jewelry and lived in the palace. Hurricane put his wings around her broad shoulders. "Come." He led her into their living cave high in the mountains.

The storm dragons had no parents. Or mates. The only one who had the eggs were the breeding dragons and Tempest was glad she wasn't one of them. They were treated like slaves until they had their last egg. They died after that. How? They had no idea. "Tempest." Her train of thought was broken and she raced to sit beside Hurricane who was standing by the doorway. "Time to see the queen." She growled low in her throats and they took off through the swirling mass of thunderclouds.