Chapter 32

Huey's mind was swirling with thoughts. Marriage? I knew something was up but I didn't picture this. He turned to Mai's 'parents', saying "You still have to leave. I'll deal with helping Mai out of here"

"You have to understand," Ichigo said, "it's not going to be that simple. Now that Mai is here, should she escape, Shane will make an official declaration of war on the Mizushima clan. From the information we had received in our time at the surface, some of the clans are doubting the Mizushima clan's power. The result? Clans will start picking sides and all of Moonrea will plunge into a sea of chaos. We can't save Mai-sama because of that risk. All we can do now is hope that she can accept her fate and that the new rulers of Moonrea will not be tyrannical in their reign"

"We can't just leave Mai, Ichigo" Megumi protested, "She doesn't deserve this fate"

"Mai sama's fate has been decided since the day she drew her first breath on this earth. As heiress to the Mizushima clan and to the people of Moonrea, she has a duty to protect them. A duty which involves less bloodshed for her people"

Before Huey could protest, he felt a shiver run down his spine. This was followed by his senses telling him that he had to find Mai. Stat.

"I have to leave," Huey said, standing up, "I've given you the tools to escape should you decide to do so. As of right now, there's somewhere I have to be"

Huey exited the room and headed towards the building's exit. He quickly passed, making his way to the main building in the compound, but was soon stopped by a fellow elite.

"Where are you going? We have been summoned by Shane-sama for a meeting" Huey was asked.

"Is that so? I didn't hear the announcement since I was checking on the prisoners," Huey hurriedly replied.

"Well we have to get going to the meeting place"

In the five minutes that followed, Huey stood with the Kurosawa elite base amongst other elites. There was no chatter or noise; all men stood in three throws, waiting for Shane to appear. They didn't have to wait long as Shane stepped into the room with the leader of the elites –Keichiro- behind him. Huey's 'dark' eyes followed Shane as he observed the men before him.

"As of now, wedding preparations will be finalized for my son and the jewel. By mid-day the marriage ceremony will commence. You should all be at attention especially at this time. I don't suspect Kenshin Mizushima to be aware of this union but that doesn't mean your guard should be down," Shane spoke out, "The ceremony will happen at all costs.

"We have other important visitors -allies from the surface- that will make their appearance to further solidify our power in Moonrea. Once they arrive here, the Kurosawa's power will be resolute, and in time, we shall take over the surface. The land of Moonrea has a very rare and very powerful mineral that once weaponized, has interestingly devastating results. The location of this mineral is with the jewel. Of which she will cede that information soon enough

"Though, I am wary of the jewel's ally from the surface and I'm not sure if he intends to do anything like bring reinforcements. Tomorrow morning a team of two should venture out to the surface and eliminate him. We can't have any loose ends now can we? Rest tonight. I need my best men on the job on the 'morrow. Dismissed"

The elites bowed as Shane exited the room. Once he left, Keichiro spoke,

"You heard the Lord. Get your strength to top notch. Before 0600 am tomorrow I need two of you taking the first watch on Mai Mizushima"

Keichiro scanned the men and said, "Nao. Dai. I'll leave this to you"

"Hai"

Nao. That was the alias he had taken from the elite he took down at the gate-way border. He left the elite in the gate-keeper's care at the checkpoint building, of course tied up in the building's basement. Huey would return later with Mai to release Nao, of course when all settled down. If such a day was even foreseeable. For now, Huey had to cook up some formidable plan to save Mai and apparently, all of Moonrea. And he only had hours at his disposal.