Chapter 3: New neighbors and a mystery girl

(DISCLAIMER: I DO NOT OWN THE CHARACTERS IN THE BOONDOCKS...JUST MAI/LEE AND YOU KNOW THE REST)

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Robert 'Granddad' Freeman P.O.V

"Huey!" I shouted, entering the room belonging to my grandsons. I found a certain Afro-headed teenager seated at the desk, with headphones tucked in his ear, staring at the computer screen. Sighing deeply, I unbuckled my belt, and whipped Huey's back.

Huey jumped up in surprise, whirled around and grabbed hold of the end of the belt. With fury burning in his eyes, he screamed, "Granddad, what was that for?"

I tugged at the belt and shouted back, "Boy, do you want me to lose my voice calling over and over and over for you? How many times have I told you to quit listening to those seminars in your ears and just put it through the speakers, huh?

"Let go of my belt and get your behind outside right now!"

Huey P.O.V

I quickly let go of granddad's belt. I caught a glimpse of granddad leave as I packed away my books with angry emotions getting the best of me. Can't the man understand that I wanted to be alone for once instead of being at his every beck and call?

Once I was done, I put on a black sweater over my white tank top, pulled on a pair of grey sneakers on my feet, and exited my room.

I joined granddad and our neighbor, Tom, out on the lawn out front. Across the road, was a moving truck, off-loading furniture into the newly built house (of which a mansion once stood that was previously owned by former rap-star Thugnificent). Granddad asked Tom if he had met the neighbors.

"Actually, they are really nice folks. A family of three," Tom replied. Granddad scratched his white, woolly hair, wondering why Tom had a worried expression on his face. I hope there's no more trouble with Sara (Tom's wife), I thought. It's been a good two years since anything crazy happened.

"Well, let's not lug around like logs and say hello to our neighbors. Tom, where's your wife and kids?" prompted Granddad.

"Sara's out shopping with little Junior and Jasmine. Sara said she might meet the Kims tonight," Tom replied.

"Kim? You mean the Kardashians are moving to Wood-crest. Shoot, Tom, why didn't you say so? You think we might appear on their reality show?" I face palmed at granddad's stupidity.

"Slow down, Robert," Tom said to granddad, "If I meant 'Kim Kardashian', I would have said the 'Kardashians'. The Kims are Koreans. Look, here come Mr. and Mrs. Kim"

An Asian couple walked towards us. Granddad held onto me, sensing how much I wanted to leave the place promptly after I heard the word Korean. Granddad knew I hated Asians, and that I was currently going through a rough patch. After the 'incident' -that happened in Asia- which was the root cause of my supposed 'metamorphosis'.

"Mr. and Mrs. Kim," Tom greeted, as the couple neared us.

"Hello, Tom," Mr. Kim greeted, shaking Tom's hand. Friendly greetings and introductions went the adults got involved in a rather uninteresting discussion.

As for me, I was trying to get out of granddad's grasp. As soon as he let go, I left the group and went for a stroll down the street, something I rarely did. I walked as far as the tree across Tom's house that was also next to the Kims' own. The men moving the furniture were much focused, and seemed to be working at a fast pace. The furniture was in fact very new, first-hand. Sofas, boxes, tables, all the basic necessities, either they're rich or something very off is going on.

In my opinion, the house was much better than Thugnificent's mansion. Decent and yet sophisticated. As I continued to inspect the house, I noticed a movement by the window. A girl, brunette, was moving from side-to-side of the window, carrying either boxes, or some piece of furniture. Her hair was up in a pony-tail, and from my view, wore a black tank top. I watched her until she came to the open window. She sighed lightly and I followed her gaze to the still chatting grownups.

I turned away from the girl's view and closed my eyes, blocking out all emotions that wanted entrance. I mumbled to myself, "I'm Huey Freeman, I'm cold hearted and I have no feelings"

Repeating it again and again until I felt my mind clear, I breathed in deeply and breathed out slowly. I was going to have to make an effort to avoid the new neighbors. Opening my eyes, I looked up to the clouds, and watched them before roll by for 10 minutes before walking back to home.

Later

It's now 10pm. I've been studying ever since I got home. Closing my books, I stifled a yawn and did all the necessary preparations for bed. I turned off the lights and walked over to my bed.

Once my head hit the pillow, I was out like a light. Sadly though, I woke up two-and-a-half hours later, my instincts getting the best of me. I rubbed my eyes in exhaustion and swung my feet over the bed. I walked over to the window and looked at the stars. At the corner of my eye, I spotted a movement.

A raven-girl, no more than 17, was, training? What weird person is this? I wondered. She had waist length hair and was wearing a white dress with black tights and no shoes on. I was surprised by her graceful and yet accurate punches (obviously meant for pressure points of the body); even her kicks, all rehearsed, as though she was preparing herself for battle.

And that's when my senses kicked in. A stranger. In our neighborhood. At 12:30 am?! I rushed out my room, down the stairs and out the door. But when I got there, there was no one in sight. What the hell, I thought. I ran around, searching for the mystery girl, only to realize she was nowhere in sight.

Angrily, I walked back inside the house, one question going on in my mind. Who is she?