Prologue

Picture of Mai
(This is the picture I based Mai on [I so do not own it {wish I did though 😅}])

Picture of Mai(This is the picture I based Mai on [I so do not own it {wish I did though 😅}])

Third P.O.V

The raven-haired teenager, followed by four armed guards, burst into the family room of Clan Mizushima. Three of the four pairs of eyes that had been studying the map on the wide TV screen turned to see her standing at the door, waiting for an audience with the man who still kept his eyes on the screen.

"Lord Kenshin," began the girl, speaking in Japanese, "what is the meaning of your decision?"

"Tsk, tsk. Mai, you know better than to barge into a clan meeting when uncalled for," the semi-grey haired man -Lord Kenshin Mizushima- studying the screen said. He turned, nodding to his colleagues and servants to leave Mai and himself alone. Once alone, Lord Kenshin settled down on the floor at the head of the low table. He directed a place for his daughter to sit.

"Now, Mai, what troubles you?" Lord Kenshin questioned. He very well knew his daughter's answer, knew the objections she would make. Even the bravery she would display despite his position as Clan head.

"Father, I know of the huge crisis with our clan and Clan Kurosawa, with a possibility of war between the two. I also know that for the safety of the clan members, you have decided to send the women and children to the surface. You know that I am as great warrior, and that I am very capable of protecting myself. But why do I have to go as well?" asked Mai.

"Ah, Mai, you have proven yourself more worthy than anyone in our clan. Your bravery, intellect and sense of leadership; qualities are very good especially that perhaps you may someday be head of the clan when I'm gone. But right now, you're a target for Clan Kurosawa. If they eliminate you, or even manage to have you in their possession, the Clan will be headed for disaster.

"You, the women and children are our first priority. Let us handle Clan Kurosawa at this dangerous time"

"But, Father..."

"You will be going to live in the outer world. I'm sure you can cope since your training involved you learning the current customs of earth. Megumi and Ichigo will escort you and pose as your parents. Others will also be there to protect you during your stay. That is until it's safe for you to return," Lord Kenshin replied, hoping there was much authority in his voice. For his heart ached when giving his daughter the order.

Meanwhile, Mai started at the timber table, wondering if there was any way to avoid her parting with her father. Of course he realized that as heiress of Clan Mizushima, she must stay alive and not make harsh or rash decisions. Just as her father was about to speak, she sighed, "I will do as you say, father. As long as it's for the safety of the clan, I shall do as you say"

"I'm so sorry that things had to turn out this way, but the clan must come first, as well as your safety," agreed Lord Kenshin. He stood up, and beckoned for his daughter to do the same. Lord Kenshin examined her, a replica of her mother. Mai's silk hair lay on her left shoulder ;large eyes, the color of black diamonds; a heart-shaped angelic face with a smile that could melt any in-sight, and a petite, almost fragile body that accompanied her good looks. Anyone would assume her weak on first impression, because of her body. But try to attack or ambush her, one is guaranteed a much given surprise. Mai was much stronger than she looked, and despite her having a face of an angel, she was more cunning and cruel than any villain. Just like him; like father, like daughter.

Lord Kenshin pressed an intercom button, and called for Ichigo and Megumi. Within two minutes, both entered the room.

"Mai, you will leave immediately for South-Korea. You will change your name to Lee Kim," Lord Kenshin announced. He hugged Mai, kissed her on her forehead and bade her fare-well. All three bowed respectfully before they exited the room. Even though a part of Lord Kenshin felt relieved, he felt more heart-broken than before.