Chapter 2: Back Story

Lee P.O.V

My name is Lee. Lee Kim. I'm now 17. Two years ago, I used to be Mai Mizushima. The Heiress and Jewel of the Mizushima Clan in the land below the surface, Moonrea. What is Moonrea?

Moonrea is an underground mini-world my ancestors discovered around the time of the First World War. And if you guessed right, my ancestors are Japanese. They were people who wanted nothing more than peace and a chance to start over. Our ancestors who discovered Moonrea were Mizushima, Kurosawa, Mori, Oshiro, and Kimura. These men along with their families became the five clans and lived on five separate islands of Moonrea.

For years we lived in peace. We lived as Japanese used to live in the past, keeping old traditions, and making new ones, not to forget the samurai. At the same time, we advanced in technology. In my great-grandfather's time (who was the founder), grandfather aided the clans in bringing animals to Moonrea, and making Moonrea a suitable place for farming as well.

It was decided that my clan be the head over all clans. And clans live their own lives peacefully. However, in my father's time as leader, Shane of Clan Kurosawa wasn't satisfied with my clan as head. A simple argument turned into an on-going battle. When I was five, my mother died, protecting me from Shane's assassins. My father insisted then that I train to be a samurai, in order to defend myself. And since I came out, many attempts had been made to end my life. A dead me meant a war between all clans, resulting in the decision that I be sent to the surface.

But on my father's orders I had to change my appearance.

When we arrived in Japan, Megumi had all our appearances changed; of course with the help of the X-watch. The X-watch is a device I created to change clothes anywhere, at any time. All that you had to do was take a picture of any apparel with the micro-camera, and that image will remain in its database. When you're ready to change, with a flick of a button, a holo-screen will pop up giving you a choice of clothes to wear. Select the clothes you want, and finally, the holo-screen will encase you. Seconds later, you're all done.

Of course on our way to the surface, I had to make a two more for Megumi and Ichigo. I also had to upgrade the watches so that we could change our appearances at will. Megumi and I changed our hair from black to brown, while Ichigo kept his black. My waist long hair became shoulder length, and I was pretty upset about that. Megumi got blue eyes, Ichigo and I chose brown coloured eyes.

Aside from the changes, we stayed in Japan for about six months. Megumi and Ichigo posed as a married couple and took teaching jobs. I was their foster child. I made a few friends and I was already getting used to the place until the move.

Afterwards, we left for South Korea. Even though it was nice to stay in Japan, amongst my fellow people, Ichigo insisted we be on the move. He received news that things didn't look good back at home and that Shane had spies in all islands looking for me. And that it wouldn't be long before he caught on that I wasn't at all in Moonrea.

We thought we were safe, until one evening when we were ambushed by Kurosawa assassins. We barely escaped and have been on the move since. Luckily, we faked our deaths throwing off our scent from our oppressors. Megumi and Ichigo had to change their preferences to a rich family that had to move because of business. On my part, it sucked moving from place to place and having to look over my shoulder in case danger was nearby. But once we faked our deaths, I was just as relieved.

Now we move onto our new home, Wood-crest. Just another eight months for me to turn eighteen and go home. I hope father is okay...

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So like the picture above is what Mai (Now Lee) looks like. I do NOT own any of the pictures I upload to give an idea of my story...

And now, to the Freemans!!!!

Pleaaasssee comment and vote!!!