Chapter 24: Kurosawa Elite

3rd P.O.V

1 am

Five figures, all dressed in black, surrounded the Kim residence. All entered the house from different locations. The front door, the back door, and the windows in both upper and lower levels of the house. They searched the house, looking for their target, but found no one home.

"It would seem that precautions were taken for the Jewel's safety," the leader, said.

"What do we do now, Keichiro-san," one of the men asked.

"We need to for the jewel to come to us. With the hostages we have, so that won't be a problem. All we need to do is leave a message. She will come back to this house searching for them"

"I assume you have an idea"

"Yes I do" Keichiro said proudly.

The following morning

Lee's eyes cracked open slowly, adjusting to the morning light. Yawning, she lifted herself up from the warmth of her bed. Her bed? In a millisecond she was wide awake. Looking around her room in the Freeman residence. When did she get here? She certainly would have remembered that detail. Lee searched her memory. She was talking to Huey and then blank, nothing more. She must have fallen asleep, and at some point Huey must have carried her here, to her room. Unknown to her, a faint pink dusted her cheeks as she rubbed her face of sleep.

Lee smiled to herself. She got to meet a side of Huey she thought didn't exist. And she was sure that from that moment they shared the previous night, Huey would definitely be a different person. All she had to do was wait for the new Huey. Lee sighed. Oh Huey, Lee thought, after last night, I feel I should be honest as well.

"I can't exactly tell you about my world," Lee whispered.The people of Moonrea took pride in their solitude. Lee was sure that they weren't exactly prepared to expose themselves to the outer world. Even Shane, despite his conquest for the ultimate head position, wouldn't want the inference of the outer surface. Right?

Lee sauntered downstairs and into the kitchen, calling for Huey. Hearing no response, she began making breakfast. Having accustomed to the lifestyle of the Freemans, she made sandwiches, green tea, toast, sliced sausages (for herself as Huey is vegan) and juice. She murmured in Japanese, "I guess I should also put cereal"

Just as she settled down, she heard Huey come in. He was wearing a black tracksuit and had his hair in his 'manly' pony tail. He unzipped his jacket as he sat across Lee.

"Good morning," Huey greeted.

"Good morning, Huey," Lee returned. She offered to pour him tea which he accepted. As they ate Huey put down his cup, cleared his throat and said, "About last night, thank you"

"You're welcome. Though I do have a question, why didn't you talk about it with anyone or at least Jasmine?"

"I guess I could say it's complicated. I don't exactly have that great of a relationship with my family. I don't really have close friends either. And as for Jasmineshe has changed. I knew she liked me more than just a friend. She also put me on this pedestal and had this fixed image of me that she wouldn't shake off. Jasmine also started terrorising girls at school who even showed the slightest of affections towards me. I hate that. That's why I keep everything to myself these days"

"I see. If you don't mind, I hope you consider me a friend. And know you are welcome to talk to me anytime. Other than that, I'm glad you opened up to me. I'm eager to see what you bring to the table"

"What does that mean?"

Lee simply smiled and carried on eating. Huey shrugged and continued eating. He knew by now of Lee's secrecy. He would get to discover the person she hid one way or another.

"By the way," said, "I think your parents are home. I saw a car parked out front"

"Really?" Lee gasped, utensils down. Huey nodded. Lee quickly got up and left the room rather hurriedly. For some reason, Huey felt a nagging pulse that told him to follow the Korean brunette. He too left his breakfast and followed her.

~~~~~~~~

Lee exited the Freeman house and broke into a run. Sure enough, there was Ichigo's car parked out front. She speeds up the pace and reached the front door. Failing to notice the strange marks on the front door, Lee burst into the house, calling out to her 'parents', searching all the rooms. Lee failed to notice the trip wire which her foot pulled. All of a sudden a dozen poison laced kunai. Stunned at the sudden attack, Lee expertly avoided each one, twisting her body with grace and flexibility to avoid each one.

Lee cautiously took a step forward, now alert and aware of the silence of the house. The television whirred to life and the screen flickered. A symbol Lee thought she would never see froze her heart. It was the symbol of the Kurosawa clan. A voice spoke out in Japanese,

"Ah, greetings"

"Who's there?" Lee growled in English, moving slowly to have her back against a wall.

"So this is the form you have taken. You are resourceful as always, Jewel of the Mizushima Clan"

"I don't know what you're talking about?"

"I already know who you really are Mai, or should I say Lee"

"Show yourself scum," Lee barked in japanese, looking around the rooms.

"I'm right here"

She rushed back into the living room, grabbing a katana from the wall. On the TV screen was a man, in Kurosawa issued dark ninja clothing, his face covered except for his cold brown eyes.

"Who are you?" Lee demanded.

"You know I am of Kurosawa blood, but that is not of importance. My mission is to bring you to Moonrea, Miss Mai"

"So you can kill me?"

"Perish the thought. We are not that cruel. We would be grateful if you were to come with us with no trouble. It is imperative you go home"

"And what makes you think I'll go with you willingly, Kurosawa?"

"Ah, resistant I see. I was hoping you would ask that"

The man moved aside and Lee gasped. Ichigo and Megumi's hands were tied with chains and were hanging from the ceiling*. They were in their original forms, Megumi with her dark black hair and brown eyes, and Ichigo with his own dark hair and grey eyes. From her view, she could see that they had been beaten. Badly. She gripped the katana tighter and growled,

"I'm going to hunt you down"

"Is that any way to address your elder. Unless of course you've stayed so long in the surface that you've forgotten a samurai's word of honour"

"I haven't. But should you harm them further, I'll personally make your life miserable"

"The details of our whereabouts will come shortly. Until then, Mai Mizushima"

On that note, the television turned off. Frustrated, Lee flung the katana into the television screen and kicked one of the sofas.

"Baka!" she shouted, kicking the table. Lee turned the once neat living-room into a mess filled zone. She had removed the katana from the television and destroyed the furniture in her rage. Once she calmed down, she fell onto the floor, tears trailing her cheeks.

"Stop crying Mizushima," Lee choked, "stop feeling. A true warrior doesn't lose focus if something bad happens"

"A true warrior doesn't lie to their friends either, Lee. Or should I say Mai," a voice said.

Lee froze, loosening her grip on the weapon. The voice belonged to non-other than Huey Freeman.