Chapter 5: A new day 2

Huey P.O.V

"Riley hurry up or we'll be late!" I shouted, while reading a newspaper.

There's nothing I hate more than having to wait for my brother for school. Normally I would go by myself and wouldn't care even a bit about Riley. But Riley had been in trouble a lot lately with Ed and Rummy, not to mention that he's skipping class. So Granddad made me the watch dog.

I turned the page of the newspaper and a picture of her was there. Ming. I immediately closed the newspaper and threw it on the table. The pain was still there. The pain she caused. I closed my eyes and pinched my nose.

I didn't here Riley come down until he spoke.

"Ey man, where the juice at?" Riley asked.

"How would I know? Let's just get to school," I growled.

"What's wrong wich you?"

I glared at Riley and he shut up almost instantly. Grabbing my bag pack, I walked towards the door, Riley trailing behind me.

"It's about time you get your butts to school," Granddad yelled from the living-room, "Don't forget to come home early. We have dinner with the Dubois' later tonight"

"Yeah, Granddad" Riley shouted.

Once we got in my car (Yeah, 18 yr old Huey has a car) I pulled out of the drive way and drove until we reached Jasmine's house and found her waiting outside. Yeah, her dad had called earlier and asked us to give her a ride. Jasmine got in smiling and said, "Hi Huey. Hi, Riley"

"Sup, Jaz? "

"Nothing really. Huey, are you prepared for today's Chemistry quiz?" Jasmine asked.

"Hn" I replied.

"I'll take that as a yes"

Riley and Jasmine got into a conversation. While driving, my thoughts turned to the girl from earlier. Maybe she was from around here.

"Jasmine," I said.

"Yes, Huey"

"Do you know any girl, same age as you waist long black hair and pale skin?" I asked.

"OH, Huey my man. You're already into another! About time, I thought you was gay or something, no homo," Riley commented.

"What?!" Jasmine shouted.

I smacked Riley's head with my right hand.

"No, you idiot" I replied

"I don't know anyone with that description," Jasmine said. I could have sworn I heard relief in her voice.

The conversations ended and we pulled up at the parking lot at school. Maybe it was my imagination and I'm thinking of Ming again. We all got off and headed our own ways. This is going to be a long day.

_______________________________________________________________________________________

Sooooo.....

Thoughts??

I think I suck a bit at portraying Riley. And Granddad.

Aside from that, who's Ming? What has she done to Huey? And does it have anything to do with him hating Asians??

Comment

Vote

Kitty