Chapter 8 - The Second Interrogation

Are you prepared to be confused again??

Chapter 8 – The Second Interrogation

When Alex’s phone rang and he recognized Kelsey’s name on the screen, he found himself caught in a twist about whether or not he should answer it. Since their last encounter and Kelsey’s cold attitude towards him, he knew it was in his best interest to take a step back and keep some distance between them.

But Kelsey was calling him. There had to be a good reason for it and it was that reason that finally urged him to answer the call.

“Diaz.” He said, intent on keeping the conversation professional at all costs.

“It’s me.” Kelsey’s voice echoed through the speaker and drew Alex in, as it always seemed to do. He didn’t know what it was about Kelsey that drew him in the way it did.

“How can I help you, Kelsey?” Alex asked. There was a slight hesitation on the other end of the line.

“I’m in your building.” She said, surprising Alex. He couldn’t think of one reason why Kelsey was at his workplace, or why she’d come willingly. “It’s about Kara.”

“What is it?” Alex asked with an urgent need to know.

“She’s here. With me. Downstairs.” That was all it took for Alex to fly towards the elevator, intent to make it down as quickly as possible. How was it possible that Kara was here? In his building? How had Kelsey managed to bring her here?

“I’m coming down.” Alex told her. The elevator doors opened and Alex hurried inside, hitting the button for the ground floor.  As fate would have it, though, the elevator made several stops, picking up several more people on its way down. Alex’s heart was pounding and he hoped that this wasn’t some rude trick from Kelsey.

When he finally reached the first floor, he hurried out of the elevators towards the main entrance. He was able to make out Kelsey’s figure immediately, considering that she had been on his mind for the past two days, since he’d last seen her, but when he took in the figure that stood beside her, he came to a standstill.

The woman beside Kelsey seemed more…matured in her features. While he’d once compared Kelsey to a mouse, the woman standing beside her was someone he’d compare to maybe a wild cat. She had a better figure than Kelsey, with curves in the right places and a modest chest. Her hair was long, flowing down her back in light waves. The carried herself with a grace. This was definitely the woman he’d seen in the picture with Rocha.

Kelsey suddenly turned, her eyes landing on Alex and Alex couldn’t help but smile. No matter how identical the girls looked, Kelsey was the one who made his heart race. And he had no idea why.

Kelsey’s eyes widened and she reached out and tapped her sister’s shoulder, attracting her attention. Kara turned in Alex’s direction and followed her sister’s gaze towards him. Alex felt a little odd, never having two identical beings stare at him the way Kelsey and Kara were.

Still, he made his way over to the duo, unable to grasp the fact that Kelsey had indeed fulfilled her promise to him that she’d inform him when she found her sister. It made him respect her a little more.

He stepped through the security and headed towards the duo, Kelsey and Kara meeting him in the middle. Kelsey hurried to make introductions.

“Kara, this is Officer, I mean, Agent Diaz. He was the one who arrested me. Al-Agent Diaz, this is my twin sister, Kara.” Kelsey said, motioning to one another. “She was the one who was with your bad guy that day. She told me so herself.”