Bonus Chapter ~ Or Something

Bonus Addition ~ Or Something

Kelsey stared at her reflection in the mirror, unsure as to how she looked the same, after everything else was so different. She reached into her hair and released her hair from its tight bun. She’d had to cancel class on an exam day, today. She didn’t think something like this had ever happened before in the history of teaching.

Everything had been set. Her exam papers were ready. Her students were prepared. She’d had to email them last minute.

She knew that some of her students might be crying with joy, praising otherworldly spirits for a second chance at the exam. They’d have more time to study. And because her first class couldn’t take the test, she’d had to cancel it for the remainder of her classes, either.

That was fine.

Her heart was still thudding wildly in her chest. It had been all day. She hadn’t gotten a chance to talk to Alex about it, yet, but she would. She didn’t know what she’d tell him. She’d never felt so unsure of herself before in her life.

Rearranging her hair, she left the bathroom and sat down on the dining table. Her papers were already there and she needed to enter old homework into the system, but she barely got through three students before she took a deep breath and leaned back on her chair.

The anxiety was killing her.

She glanced at the clock. Alex would be arriving home any minute. A smile appeared on her face as she thought about her husband. Coincidentally, today was the day they had their first date. It was a month after the whole drama with Kara and Caleb had taken place.

She hadn’t known what to expect. When she’d wanted to talk to Alex, she expected for them to just talk and then he’d asked her out of the blue. They’d gone out on the very next day. It had been a beautiful date, much more than Kelsey had expected.

Then, they’d dated for a year, each date a surprise for her. Sometimes, it was a romantic dinner. Other times, it was a movie. Her favorites were when they would cuddle up in the blankets and watch a movie.

Then, he’d proposed to her.

She smiled.

She hadn’t even expected it. It had been the most unique proposal ever. She didn’t think it had ever been repeated in media. It wasn’t a cheesy ring in her dessert or a down on one knee kind of thing, not that she would have refused him even if he’d decided to take that route.

Alex was a cop. He was a good cop so his proposal reflected him, in a way.

He’d taken Kelsey out back to the shooting arena. It was the first time she’d gone there with him. It had been the first time since she’d gone there with Chris, not like that was a memory she wanted to recall at the moment.

They’d both tried their target practice. Kelsey was beaming because she’d managed to shoot inside the second ring from the center. Even Alex had looked at her impressed.

“That’s good.” He complimented her. Kelsey had rolled her eyes.

“Yeah, right.” She said, proud of her accomplishment despite the fact that she knew Alex was just trying to boost her ego. “I know how good you are at this. I heard your aim never misses.”

“I’ve had more training at this.” He defended himself. “This is really good, considering that you’re not as trained in this as I am. I’m sure, though, that you won't miss your target if you shoot it.”

“Exactly. I’m a cop’s girlfriend. I’m dangerous.” Kelsey told him, happily.

“I’m sure your students just love that.”