CHAPTER 20. THE FINAL THRESHHOLD

"How is this possible?" I hissed, clutching the rippling skin of my foot. Alec didn't answer. He stood up slowly and turned his back to me. My eyes drifted over to Mikhail, whimpering I called for him, "Mikhail?"

Mikhail moved towards me, his face scrunched with concern. "You are changing," he said somberly.

"Why?" I said thickly.

He paused for a moment, then answered. "Because, Alecsandr, who is a werewolf bit you. He passed to you the gift."

"Gift?" Alec scoffed.

Mikhail's eyes began to brim with hot tears, "Shut up Alec, This is all your fault anyways, it should have been you who died, not Lady Sylphide!"

"What's done is done Mikhail!" Alec spat.

"Why did you do it Alec, why are you always hurting people?" Mikhail was starting to yell. I wanted to listen but, the urge to change became unbearable, it was only a matter of seconds before I lost myself--before I crossed over. Every bone in my body ached, my eyeballs felt like they would explode, light brown fur started to sprout out of the pores on the back of my hand.

Alecsandr flared, "So what if I do? At least I'm not a pathetic peon like YOU! I'm my own master, no one else. No bitch will ever tell me what to do again."

"You spoiled brat, can you even look outside yourself for one moment--"

Their voices started to sound distant, as if they were walking away from me, but I knew that they were only a few feet away. Maybe its me whose becoming distant? I heard the blood rushing in my ears, and the sound of my exasperated lungs emptying themselves of air, then sucking back in with effort.

Jamie-- I heard my concious's voice call out. She sounded.thin and strained like sand through fingers.

You can do it. It'll be ok.

I don't think It will be, I wailed through the pain. 

It will.

How?

I--I dont know, but you have to try to make it ok. Jamie, I have to go now... She said in a soft, coo. It reminded me of my mother.

But why?

There is not enough room for all three of us.

Three of us?

My bones cracked and shifted under my skin, my joints popping in and out of place as they repositioned themselves more suited to an animal anatomy rather than my human one. I reared my head back--a guttural scream burst from lungs and vocal cords. I was changing. There was no going back. Nails dug into the hardwood floor. I scream again, and gnash my teeth as my jaw breaks out of place--stretching into a deformed muzzle. Mikhail said something, but my agonizing screams drowned him out. I hate him.

I hate both of them, I thought about biting out their jugulars. I could almost taste their blood on my lips. No, it's Sylphide's blood I taste. I inhale deeply and let the scent of her life's blood consume me. She is no more. I am head bitch now, I laughed deeply, but the sound that came from me sounded more like a sinister growl.

Transcend. The voice called. The pain quickly turned into pleasure and I gladly obliged--I focused my eyes on Mikhail and licked my lips eager for my first kill.

****

Yes, its short but I think its interesting enough. Right? Idk, but this is a B-day present to my friend Lotte. Happy birtdhay sweetie pie <3 <3 <3 Love ya!