CHAPTER 9. RECOVERY

************************************************************************************************************

A note from SofaKing: Hey guys this chapter has a different P.O.V from Mikhail. I'm sorry if its a little confusing to be switching things up like this but I really wanted to do it. So I hope you like it and if not bare with me it doesn't last long. -Haley :D

************************************************************************************************************

Pressing his lips to Little Red Ridding Hood’s he sought to breath life back into her. When all of his attempts seemed in vain, he alas lay her down on the floor; for she was still. When hope had seemed lost a voice called out to the huntsman. “When the Wolf-bane blooms so shall your love live."

Mikhail:

She slept quite peacefully. If the saying “like a log” were to be taken literally Jamie would be the prime example of it. Her first shudder has happened. She is on her way to changing. She passed out from the strain the shudder had on her body. It will take another couple tries I guess before she changes completely. . . 

I studied her while she rested. She also slept quite morbidly. With her arms crossed over her chest she  looked like she was delicately positioned by a mortician who had prepared her body for a wake.  The only sign that told me she was alive was the slow rise and fall of her chest as she breathed.  I smirked to myself recalling her earlier display of  strength, how she somehow had knocked ME backwards. Some hunter I am. Cant even fight an unchanged pup? 

But now here she lay perfectly weak, and still perfectly human. When she does change, she might even give Haier a run for his money. The thought made me chuckle slightly, causing Jamie to toss a bit in bed, but she stayed in her I’m-In-A-Coffin position. She breathed out heavily and settled down again. I couldn’t but smile sadly at her. She never asked for any of this.

The door to Jamie’s containment room creaked a bit causing me to flinch slightly and as if instinct called for it, I reached for the small dagger hidden within my left pant leg.  I could smell who was in the door way before I saw who it was. HOW DID HE SNEEK UP ON ME? That bastard had no right to come here.  Sydney His guard was no were in sight. He must have given her the slip again. His presence made me bare my teeth as I stood up quickly to close the distance between him and Jamie. 

“What are YOU doing here?” I said through clenched teeth. 

That cocky bastard just smiled slowly and leaned against the door frame. “Now now Mikhail I come in peace. I had just come to see If the rumors were true.”

To which I spat; “Curiosity killed the mutt.” 

“You were always such the jokester Mikhail.” The laughter in his voice quickly turned into a growl, “You should watch your tongue before I rip it out of your goddamn mouth.” He said as his defiant smile morphed into a twisted snarl. 

“I’d like to see you try that.” I could already imagine me ripping into his soft under belly with my dagger. The two of us stood there silent for a bit, Jamie breathing steadily in the background. 

He rolled his eyes and yawned obviously, “Bored now… Well I guess the rumors are true. That’s great news for me. But I don’t have time to waste on you, a useless guard dog. I’m so outta here.”  Lithely he slid off away from the door. I heard his foot steps echo down the hallway and make their way down the stairs. I waited for the vibrations of the front door to open and close before I even considered to move.  I couldn’t believe that he was aloud to leave his cage, let alone walk around the village un-attended. I couldn’t believe that he even came near this building. Came near her. That arrogant…