CHAPTER 1. THE ATTACK

These violent delights have violent ends -William Shakespeare

Lets be practical, there is no such thing as werewolves. Yet, as I laid there in the middle of the woods slowly bleeding out of a bite wound from my abdomen, I couldn’t help to think the attack was committed not by a rabid dog, or even a bear. No, what I saw devouring my innards was what I thought only existed in horror films.

It was beautiful. It's muzzle covered in my blood, It's glassy brown eyes-- fierce and animalistic. I'ts dark black pelt stunk of pine and mud, it is very big, and very strong. The fear and reality of what was happening sunk in. I was being eaten alive by a werewolf.

“JAAAAMIEEE!” I heard a female’s voice call out my name.

“What is that?!” another voice screamed.

“Do Something Nick! Get it Off of her!” the female shouted again.

The werewolf had me in it's teeth, and started to shake me back and fourth like a rag doll. I heard a rip, realizing that the sound was my skin being torn apart like construction paper. The two other people I heard from before were shouting, but I couldn’t see them, only the blur of green from the tree tops. I think the voices belonged to my sister and her boyfriend. I wanted to scream for help but I couldn't seem to form the words. The werewolf was moving me now, my side still clamped down by it's massive jaws, dragging me further into the woods. I could see Nick, my sister’s boyfriend chasing after us--a stick in one hand.

“Let go of me…” I said weakly, hoping that my small voice would reach the animal, hoping that somehow it could understand. But it was a werewolf. Men who turned into beasts, right? They lose themselves, they forget humanity, and they become monsters. It couldn't hear me, and it wasn't going to let me go alive.

And then, “Alecsandr! Release the girl!”

A third voice?

 My body dropped from the werewolf’s mouth. It's burning brown eyes locked with my own. For an agonizing second the werewolf stared into eyes, never blinking nor softening. And then I understood. It's business with me was no where near over with. Suddenly, it dropped it's gaze then left. After which, I must have blacked out; for the rest of my ordeal was a blur.

****

After I got out of the hospital, I was considered a town miracle. Everyone seemed amazed that I had survived the attack. Hell, I was astonished too. As I lay in bed, so familiar and so safe in my room, it was hard for me to think back about that day and put what had happened into words. Lifting up my shirt I stroked the rippling red skin held tightly together by black stitches that lined my abdomen and gently curved around to my lower back.

I must have looked like a scare crow after it happened, with my stuffing of straw hanging out of the gaping orifice that used to be my tummy. Except It wasn't straw that was hanging out of me but my own pretty pink guts. I shivered at the thought and I pulled my shirt back down; being careful not to be too rough, I new that if my stitches opened up it wouldn't be very pleasant. Taking in a breath of air I exhaled and closed my eyes, trying my best to remember what had gone down that day.

I was subpost to be camping with my sister Heather and her boyfriend Nick. The three of us went to a public camping ground, trying to get an early start to our summer--

"This Is gonna be great! We can fish, and roast marshmallows and cozy up by the fire" Heather grabbed Nick's arm and nuzzled into him, he smirked and pulled her into his arms.