Chapter 32

Cover credit to: IMakeMyDreamsHappen

Chapter 32

“This place is ugly.” The vampire says walking around the room. It was dark, blood red covering the wall, crimson red covering the couches. “Let me guess, you like red?”

“I do.” The voice says.

“Shocker.” The vampire says. She sits on the couch stretching her feet out on coffee table. “Why am I here?”

“We need you.” The voice says.

“And we would be?” The vampires asks.

“Do you remember anything from your past life?” The voice asks.

“I already told you I don’t. I woke up in a kitchen. Dogs and vampires were in front of me with knives and cooking utensils. I probably could have taken them but not the whole pack.” The vampire says.

“You could have taken the pack if you wanted.” The voice says.

“How would you know?” She says, she sits up getting interested in the conversation.

“Cooper don’t be giving away too much, too fast.” A voice says walking into the room.

“Sorry, DeGrey.” Cooper says stepping away from her.

“Mackenzie, it is so good to see you.” DeGrey says taking in her appearance. He has dealt with many vampires that have turned off their humanity, knowing that they live and breath for blood.

“I’m not this Mackenzie person you keep talking about.” The vampire says placing her feet on the table again, like she owned the place.

“If you aren’t Mackenzie then who are you?” DeGrey asks, he took a seat away from her, a bit afraid. He may have dealt with them before but he knew he would always be able to overpower them, he knew she was stronger than the others.

“Why do I need a name?” The vampire says. Cooper steps closer to DeGrey.

“Why doesn’t she know her name?” Cooper whispers in DeGrey’s ear.

“She has been reborn, and only the animal instinct in her is in control. So she doesn’t think she needs a name.” DeGrey whispers back. Cooper nods his head in understanding before stepping back in place.

“You know I can hear you right?” The vampire says, she didn’t like being talked about while being ignored.

“Yes sorry, the boy was just confused.” DeGrey says. “But you need a name, we can’t just shout out vampire, then everybody will answer.”

“Fine choose one, I don’t care.” The vampire says standing up. She went over to look at the glass figurines in the corner. She picked up the car one, her hand tremored, the glass car fell smashing against the black carpet. “Whoops.”

“Damnt.” Cooper says, looking at his favorite glass ferrari car. It was modeled after his real car.

“Relax Cooper, it is just glass.” DeGrey seeing Cooper tense up. “How about Vamp?” DeGrey asks turning to the vampire.

“Sure, like it matters.” Vamp said the last part to herself. Vamp hadn’t turned away from the wall, fiddling with her hand twitching hand.

“Do you know why we brought you here?” DeGrey asks.

“To keep me as your pet?” Vamp says turning towards him, she shoved her twitching hand in her pocket.

“No, of course not. You are very important to us.” DeGrey says, he stands up walking over to Cooper. “In fact this is your mate. He was so worried when you disappeared.” He placed his arm around Cooper giving him a squeeze on the shoulder.