Chapter 12

“This place is amazing.” Mac says looking up at the warehouse. From the outside it looked like a crack den with its bar windows, rusted over doors, and scraps of metal covering the walls. But on the inside it looked like a circus. Lights where flying everywhere, people in outfits that were brightly colored dancing, and people hovering above the rest.

“They are using their powers, most don’t like to show but the fliers tend to be more egotistical than most.” Cooper says into Mac’s ear talking about the floating people. “Any chance you want to stay here and just leave your pack?” Mac shakes her head.

“I want to travel.” Mac says looking around.

“Let’s go get you a drink.” Cooper says, he grabs a filled cup. “This will taste amazing.” Mac gulps it down, it was delicious. “Here.” Cooper hands her another, but this time she doesn’t gulp it down. Just takes small sips, her quench filled from the last cup. “I have to go find DeGrey go socialize.” Cooper places a kiss before leaving her.

“Mac, it has been a while.” Alice says coming over. “You are drinking the punch? Whoops.” Alice bangs the cup the contents dropping to the floor. “If I were you I would stick to water. Can’t stay to long, DeGrey wants me.”

Mac wanted more but there was something in Alice voice that made her choose water instead. She was weaving through the floor, she loved the atmosphere, the lights becoming brighter, and the music feeling like it was stirring her body.

“Mac.” A voice says from behind grabbing her shoulder. “What are you doing here?” Walter says.

“Cooper is asking to leave the coven.” Mac says, now facing Walter. He was just like his usual self. Causal like nothing stresses him out.

“Run.” Walter says looking around a bit.

“What?” Mac asks.

“Get out of here, teleport, do anything.” Walter says, he has grabbed her elbow and for the first time Mac saw a flash of emotion come across his face, worry.

“But Cooper…” Mac says.

“Cooper knows not to ask to leave the coven, anybody that does want to runs. He isn’t here to ask to leave he is here because of you. I’m sorry.” Walter says bringing her in for a slight hug.  “Now teleport.”

“I can’t.” Mac shouts, her insides, they were feeling numb, she was trying to find Vamp or War in her mind but she couldn’t focus enough to find the doors.

“Did you drink the punch?” Walter asks.

“Just a cup why?” Mac asks.

“The punch it has ecstasy in it. For humans it is a drug that heightens eyes and sound along with a lot of other stuff, for vampires it does heighten but it also drains the power. It numbs the body almost making us human, it doesn’t affect werewolves all that well either. It puts them to sleep.” Walter says. “You need to run, go back to the pack.”

“Walter it has been a long time.” Cooper says, throwing his arm over Mac’s shoulders keeping her in place.

“Yes it has.” Walter says, his calm appearance coming back.

“I don’t feel well, how about I go to the car.” Mac says trying to pry herself off of Cooper.

“But DeGrey wants to meet you.” Cooper says. “Maybe you should run along Walter.”

“Oh don’t worry Cooper I will be coming with.” Walter says. He looks over, Mac’s eyes were already half shut, her body trying to close down, he also caught the tears falling down her face.