Chapter 5

“So this is the living room.” Allen says, Gage has already seen the house, but Lucas, Sandy, and some of the other Silver moon pack members haven’t. Gage was actually in the kitchen with Mac, testing out how far apart they could get before Gage started to feel pain.

“How far can you guys get now?” Collin asks, he had just passed the tour group and was now taking a seat at the kitchen table. Ethan was also there glaring at Gage the whole time, John trying to put in helpful info.

“Watch.” Mac says, she was in her wheel chair and slowly rolled back. She made it about five feet before Gage started making grumbling sounds. “Moving him here was a lot of fun.” Mac says. The past day she has been next to Sandy and Gage the whole time. She didn’t want to be next to Sandy but Sandy refused to leave Gage’s side, up until the tour group.

“We are getting better though.” Gage says. “But why didn’t you tell me you were in a wheel chair?” He was slightly disappointed.

“I don’t like announcing it.” Mac says, this was the first time she bothered to actually sit in the wheel chair, the rest of the time she was holding onto something.

“You should have told me.” Gage says.

“It wouldn’t have made a difference.” Mac says.

“Anyways I want to talk to Mac.” Ethan says, getting up and moving Mac’s chair away. They don’t make it far before Gage falls to the floor grunting.

“Ethan.” Mac says, backing up her chair until she was close enough to Gage to touch him.

“What I forgot.” Ethan says, a small smile playing at his lips. Mac just glares at him. “Fine I was trying to see if he was faking, guess not.”

“Why would I fake this?” Gage says, taking in deep breaths.

“I don’t know, to get closer to Mac and finally have an excuse.” Ethan says.

“Why would I want that?” Gage says, Mac’s face drops a bit.

“Ass.” Ethan says.

“Look guys, this isn’t going anywhere. Gage you better?” Mac asks, she let go of him. He nods his head taking his seat back. “Ethan did you really want to talk?” Mac asks. Ethan nods his head as well. “Okay well does it have to be in private?” Mac asks, trying to figure out a solution.

“Yes.” Ethan says.

“Okay, maybe I can be on the other side of the door and Gage can plug his ears, or maybe we can sedate Gage?” Mac says.

“Sedate me?” Gage says not liking the idea.

“I think it is a good idea.” Ethan says, “I can go grab it.” Ethan already has a foot out the door before John stops him.

“I have an idea.” John says. “How about Mac leaves her shirt here and just the smell of her should be able to calm his wolf enough so she can leave for a while.”

“My shirt?” Mac says, not liking the idea of showing her scars to the group. Because she doesn’t have her powers it was impossible for her to hide the scars, meaning she always wore long sleeved that was a scoop neck, or a collared shirt.

“How about her shoe?” Ethan says, not liking the idea of Gage seeing her without a shirt.

“I’m not smelling her shoe.” Gage protest.

“Shoe or pain?” Ethan says, hoping he would pick pain.

“Mac.” Gage whines.

“Fine, I will give you my shirt. But I want somebody to grab me another one.” Mac says knowing it would take her forever to go grab one.