Chapter 14

“Morning.” Ron says when Mac starts to open her eyes.

“Where am I?” Mac asks, she looks around comforted by the fact she was in her room.

“Your room.” Ron says. “Are you feeling better?”

“Much.” Mac says sitting up, she looks down to see the cast on her arm.

“It didn’t look like it was healing.” Ron says when he sees her looking at it.

“It happens.” Mac says.

“It shouldn’t.” Ron says mostly to himself.

“Where is Cooper?” Mac asks looking around.

“He had things to do.” Ron says. “Want breakfast?” Mac nods her head. Ron goes to open the door but stops when Cooper falls into the room.

“Ron.” Cooper shouts, he stumbles over to Ron giving him a hug. “Last night was fun, you should have been here.”

“I was taking care of my sister.” Ron says looking disgusted at Cooper. He went out drinking while his mate was in pain.

“Well it was so much fun.” Cooper says.

“Cooper.” Mac says running over to give him a hug. “I missed you.”

“Yep, of course you did.” Cooper says. “Get off I’m tired. Oh and clean this.” Cooper throws his shirt over at her.

“What’s this?” Mac asks looking at the collar.

“Lipstick or something.” Cooper says collapsing on the bed.

“Oh.” Mac says. “Do you need anything else?”

“Organize the battle plans for the Green Forest pack. We go out in a couple of weeks.” Cooper says. Mac nods her head leaving the room.

“You cheated on her.” Ron says getting angry.

“It doesn’t bother her, why does it bother you?” Cooper asks a smirk on his face, he has turned around to face Ron.

“It doesn’t bother her because you programed her that way.” Ron says.

“It isn’t like you stopped DeGrey from brainwashing your sister.” Cooper says.

“It isn’t like he had a choice.” Walter says walking into the room. “Glad you found your way up here by yourself.” Walter says talking to Cooper.

“Of course I could.” Cooper says. “But get over it Ron your sister is happy. I’m the best thing that could happen to her.”

“You bast…” Ron starts getting cut off by Walter. “Ron, let Cooper get some sleep. Lets go get some breakfast.” Walter grabs Ron arm dragging him out of the room. Cooper gives a salute before he turns around falling asleep.

“How could he do that to his own mate?” Ron says.

“You know how he was raised.” Walter says. “But don’t worry we will find a way to help her.”

Gage was walking down the hall, a duffle bag in each hand. He was thinking of fighting off leaving but he didn’t know what to say. He wanted to help Mac but he knew anything he would say would be worthless. He felt worthless, her words over the month hurt because he knew they were true. He was wandering down the hall not really paying attention, it wasn’t until he runs into somebody falling on top of them, papers flying everywhere, his duffle bags dropping so he can embrace the fall, that he comes back to reality. He looks up to see a flash of brown, blue, green, and then to silver, he realizes what eyes he was looking into. But they weren’t cold, they were happy, soft, and a bit confused. He was looking at her and she wasn’t pushing him away, just staring back into his blue eyes. He was close, close enough that if he was to lean in he would feel her soft lips against his. He was already kicked out, what was the worst that could happen and with that thought he pressed his lips against her. She doesn’t move or reciprocate.