Chapter 11

“So when is she going to be back?” Ethan asks. Jason was just staring at the phone, not really answering anybody’s questions.

“Jason.” Gage shouts.

“What?” Jason says still in an angry tone.

“When will she back, is she close?” Gage asks.

“She isn’t.” Jason says.

“How far out is she then?” Ethan asks.

“She isn’t far out, she is gone.” Jason says throwing the phone against the wall.

“What do you mean?” Gage asks.

“I mean she isn’t coming back, she doesn’t want to. She is leaving.” Jason says.

“She can’t. She is our Alpha.” Ethan says.

“Yes she can, she doesn’t want this life.” Jason says slumping in his chair defeated.

“This is all your fault.” Ethan says tackling Gage to the ground. Ethan bunches up Gage’s shirt tearing it apart.

“How is this my fault?” Gage asks.

“If you weren’t such a jackass dipshit.” Ethan says throwing a punch.

“Alright that is enough.” Lucas says, helping Ethan off of Gage. “I have seen the way Mac acts with this pack, it is her life. Maybe it wasn’t her.”

“Yeah, maybe Cooper did something.” Gage says getting up off the floor.

“No, it was Mac.” Jason says.

“What is that?” Lucas says staring at Gage. Gage looks down expecting to see the brown circle everybody asks about but it was gone, replaced with a black one.

“I don’t know.” Gage says. “Get Collin.” Only Mac, Collin, and him knew about the brown circle and how it was connected to her necklace, but now he was thinking otherwise.

Jason mind links Collin telling him to hurry, but nobody looked away from the circle.

“It wasn’t here this morning.” Gage says poking it, it didn’t seem different, just a part of his skin as usual.

“You called boss?” Collin says entering the room.

“That was me.” Gage says, “It has gotten worse.” Collin comes over looking at the circle, he couldn’t piece anything together.

“I thought you said you didn’t have it this morning?” Lucas asks.

“It has been brown sense a week or two after Zane’s, this is the first time it has been black.” Gage says. Everybody has gotten closer staring at it.

“Last time we figured it had something to do with Mac’s necklace.” Collin says earning a glare from Gage. “What they should know.”

“Fine, but this time it is different, it is purely black not little designs of brown.” Gage says.

“What do you know about the necklace?” Collin asks.

“It was my mom’s, some gypsy gave it to her, and it burned everybody but me, and apparently Mac.” Gage says.

“That is all?” Collin asks.

“What it’s just a necklace?” Gage says.

“I don’t think it is.” Collins says. “What does the jittery rabbit runs under the bridge mean?”

“Why are you asking this again?” Gage asks.

“Humor us.” Collin says.

“It was my mom’s favorite story. She would read it to the three of us when we were kids.” Gage says.