Black Love

Chapter 1

Gage

It was a bright sunny day, the grass was green and the sky was blue, without a cloud in it.

“Gage.” A girl screamed running up to her oldest brother.

“Annabel, what’s wrong.” Gage says, picking her up. He was nine while she was just two. She weighted a bit but because of his werewolf strength he didn’t have a problem caring her.

“Allen is being mean.” Annabel says, tears running down her eyes. She curls into Gage’s chest, clutching onto his shirt.

“I didn’t do anything, I was just playing with the bugs.” Allen says, going to join his brother and sister on the back side porch, his blonde hair shining in the sun light. He had the lightest hair in the family and the mud patted into it helped show the difference of how light his hair was. He was covered head to toe in mud, his face being the only clean part.

“Liar, he was putting it in my hair.” Annabel says, grasping to Gage. She herself was covered in mud, her shoes, the tip of her baby blue dress, and also a bit in her hair.

“Allen stop.” Gage says. He wasn’t enjoying his shirt getting dirty but his mom was going to clean it later anyways.

“I wasn’t doing anything.” Allen says louder swinging his arms so the mud flies off and lands on the ground and splatters on the nearest patio furniture.

“Annie it will all be okay,” Gage says, using her nickname to cheer her up. He places a kiss on the girls head. The sun light making it seem like her blonde hair was glowing.

“See he is a good big brother.” Annabel says sticking her tongue out at Allen.

“I’m a good big brother.” Allen pouts crossing his arms around him.

“I’m a good big brother, but so are you and you are also a good little brother.” Gage says, he sets Annabel down ruffling Allen’s hair, whipping his hand on his pants after.

“Boy’s what are you doing out here.” Their mother comes out, bringing food with her. Her hair was swept to the side in a ponytail her blonde hair falling lose, she had a smile that took up her whole face and light blue eyes that brighten up a room.

“Cookies.” Annabel shouts running up to the tray.

“Oh and how is my little princess?” The mom says picking Annabel up and placing a kiss on her cheek, not minding the dirt.

“I’m great mommy, Gage was making sure Allen wasn’t mean to me.” Annabel says, her mouth now stuffed with cookies.

“Gage, always the hero.” The mother says, stroking his head.

“What about me?” Allen pouts. The mom sets Annabel down picking Allen up.

“What about you? Oh yes you are the doctor everybody depends on you.” The mom says.

“Why is he the doctor?” Annabel asks, pulling on her mother’s leg.

“Because he was the one who took care of mommy when she was sick.” The mom says remembering last week when she caught the flu. Allen cleaned up the whole house as well as made dinner, with the neighbors helps of course.

“Oh.” Annabel says. “I’m sorry, you aren’t a meany.” Annabel runs up tackling her brother into a hug.

“Don’t leave me out.” Gage shouts, piling in on the hug.

“Alright kids that is enough. Time to wash up for dinner.” The mom says. The kids stop hugging jumping up and running to the bathroom. Gage picking up Annabel because she was to slow to keep up.