Chapter 2

Chapter 2

“Mac.” She was asleep. It had been a couple of months sense the attack. She hadn’t gotten that much better. Her long hair was still silver from Zane’s experiment and even though her hair was growing it only came in silver. She was afraid it might stay that way forever, but John says it is only because the silver is still in her system. Sense he was the logical smart one, she believed him. Her eyes were still silver as well, whether she was vampire or werewolf they stayed the crystal silver.  But she hasn’t been able to change much and when she did she would sleep for days trying to get her energy back. Last week a bunch of rogues attack and she let Vamp out to try and kill them, this was the first time she had woken up feeling up for leaving her bed sense that day.

“Mac.” The same voice says, but Mac swats it away. “Ouch.” The voice says in a playful tone. Mac opens her eyes to see dark black ones staring at her, his dark hair falling into his eyes. It brings a smile to her lips.

“Cooper.” Mac says, pushing his hair out of his eyes.

“Mac.” Cooper says, he leans forward placing a small kiss on her lips. Nothing, she didn’t feel the tingles she didn’t feel anything other than the sweetness of the kiss. Her face drops but smiles a bit a second later. It had been like this sense she got back, she didn’t notice at first. It was Cooper who did. He placed kisses and then asked if mates stayed together long enough that they lose the tingles. Trent was the one that answered no and then asked why. Mac didn’t know why she lost the tingles with Cooper and wasn’t sure if she lost them with Gage either. She guess it had something to do with the silver, it did keep Vamp and War asleep most of the day. It isn’t like she could asks Gage if he feels the tingles, for one he hasn’t been around sense she sent him home many moons ago. It wasn’t anything bad, mostly saying that he needed to do his job and being at her place isn’t how to do it and she thought he would visit. Plus the second reason was he never noticed the tingles in the first place. She missed him, but having Cooper around did bring her mind off him.

She swings her feet so they are dangling off the bed. The shine of the sunlight bounces off the wheel of her chair blinding her. She doesn’t use her power to move the curtain, knowing it would just tire her out. She slowly puts her feet forward using her bed as balance. She could stand and when in battle mode she could stand for long periods of time. But when the adrenaline wasn’t keeping her going she had about five seconds of standing unless she had something to hold onto. She slowly makes her way to the wheel chair plopping herself in. Her legs were more tired today than usual but she wasn’t worried.

“Here.” Cooper says, placing a blanket over her legs. She smiles at him but it doesn’t reach her eyes. She hates being taken care of, but at the moment she didn’t have much of a choice.

“Thanks.” Mac says, she brings Cooper in for another kiss. He is the first to break away and Mac frowns a bit. “Food time.” Mac says, rolling her way out of the room.

“Wheely, you made it down stairs fine.” Trent says looking up from the kitchen table, they built ramps in the house so she didn’t have problems getting anywhere with her wheel chair.

“You’re an ass.” Mac says. But she was glad Trent was still Trent, the rest act like she is an egg and will crack and shatter at any moment. “What’s for breakfast?” Mac asks, looking at everybody having cereal.

“Here, I can make you eggs and bacon.” Jason says jumping up from his food.

“No it’s fine, cereal looks good.” Mac says. She grabs a bowl from the middle, lifting herself up out of the chair a bit, she can feel their eyes on her.