ChapterThirtyFive

Demi'sPOV.

It was great to have Marissa around, I hadn't really made friends since being in the UK; but I hadn't really tried. I still prefered to keep my distance from people; I've also learnt that I don't need thousands of friends, it's those few close ones that I need to keep me strong.

Yesterday Miyah came home all chirpy. It was obvious, not that I'd been spying or anything but as she came up the pathway, hand in hand with Tristan, I found myself glued against the window, next to Marissa we watched them kiss and he waved bye. So I finally got Miyah to admit that he had asked her out. Marissa screamed and picked her up when she found out, she said; 

"Tell me everything Miy! Details. And wow he is super cute, and if he ever hurts you babe, I will hurt him." She giggled.

Trust Marissa, she is just like a child herself. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After taking Miyah to school, I got back home and climbed into bed with Marissa. We had our typical girly chat about general life. Our chat was disturbed by my phone ringing loudly. 

"Hello?" I said.

"Hello Miss Lovato, I am Mary, I am supposed to be one of Miyah's therapists, but she has never turned up to a single session. She also hasn't turned up to group therapy or councelling."

I stared blankly at Marissa.

"Are you sure?" I questioned.

"Yes, I'm sorry we have only just contacted you, but we have been very busy and a investigation has been going on, the thing that led us to contact you today was the chemist contacted us yesterday informing us that a few weeks ago Miyah stopped picking up her tablets."

"Okay, I know the whole therapy thing was included in the release from the unit, I will speak to her, and is it okay if I bring her down at 6? We will pick up her meds and she can talk to you?" I asked.

"Yeah, that sounds good. Thank-you bye."

I explained everything to Marissa. 

"I really thought she had been taking them." I sighed.

I decided to pick Miyah up an hour early. In the car she kept looking at me out the corner of her eye. 

"Why have you picked me up? Whats happening?" She kept asking.

"I will talk when we get home." I replied. Bluntly.

Getting home I led her into the kitchen, gesturing her to sit down on the swivel chair at the breakfast bar. 

"I had a call from Mary today." I said sternly.

She looked shocked. "Who's Mary?" 

"EXACTLY!" I exploded. "She is your therapist. The one you go to 'every week' like the group therapy you also attend." 

She didn't reply.

"The thing I am most annoyed about is your meds. You need them Miyah!" I was now shouting at her.

"NO I DON'T! I'M FINE, SINCE I STOPPED TAKING THEM I'VE BEEN MUCH BETTER." She shouted back.

"No, Miyah you're on them for a reason, you're not well!" 

"I AM NOT FUCKED UP LIKE YOU DEMI. I DON'T RELY ON HAPPY PILLS!" She screamed back.

Ouch. That one hurt. Wow. 

"YOU'RE SO STUPID MIYAH. DO YOU WANT TO RELAPSE?" 

Tears were now streaming down our faces.

"I HATE YOU DEMI. I HATE YOU. I HATE YOU." She slammed the kitchen door and stormed up the stairs.

I collapsed to the floor, curling into a ball, sobbing into my chest. 

"Demi, Demi it's me." Marissa's soothing voice got closer.

She crouched closer to me and hugged me.

"Babe it's okay, she is a teenager, a rebellious one, she doesn't really hate you, and you are not fucked up." 

"You heard?" I sniffled.

"I think half the neighbourhood heard." She giggled.

I hugged her tight. 

"Can you go and tell Miyah that we are going to see her therapist at 6 please?" I asked.

"Of course, only if you make me a coffee." She danced off up the stairs.