ChapterFortySeven

Demi'sPOV

Arriving home Miyah went straight up stairs and I heard her bedroom door shut. It was best to leave her for a while, although she had just been through alot pressurising her into talking could make things worse. 

I went in and sat on the couch, putting my feet up I sighed. Wilmer came into the living room and sat down next to me, he wrapped his arms around me and kissed me. I snuggled my face into his chest and closed my eyes. I felt so safe in his strong arms.

The next thing I was aware of was Mom, she was sat next to me trying to wake me.

I sat up, rubbed my eyes and looked around; it took me a while to adjust, I was still on the couch, it must've been quite late as the sun was beaming through a gap in the curtain. 

"Demi, what happened last night?" Mom questioned.

I yawned and then began to explain the story. 

Mom gasped. "What is happening to Leah?!" 

"I don't know, I don't think Miyah wants to press charges."  I sighed.

"She has too. She needs to." Mom repeated.

"We can't force her though" I shrugged.

I stood up and stretched, walking into the kitchen. Toby was stood on the counter, meowing as I walked into the kitchen. I stroked him and then sneezed.

Maddie trotted into the kitchen and picked him up, placing him on the floor and fed him.

"Dems. You shouldn't touch him yaknow. He sets your allergies off." She tutted.

"Maddie, I know what I'm allergic too." I laughed. "Anyway if I take my tablets it's not that bad, just a little sniffly. Plus he's adorable." 

Maddie laughed and went over to the coffee machine, putting a mug under she made herself a hot chocolate, piling it high with cream and marshmallows. She then put another mug under, repeating the process and then walked off with both mugs in her hand. I followed her up the stairs and assumed she was taking one for Miyah. Maddie pushed open Miyah's bedroom door and placed the mug next to her on her bedside table. Miyah didn't even look at Maddie. 

"Is she awake?" I asked as Maddie left the room.

"I'm not sure, I think so, I could hear her crying all night though so if she is awake she hasn't had much sleep, but I thought I would make her a hotchocolate. Hot chocolates always make me feel better." Maddie smiled.

I hugged her. "What would we do without you Mads?" 

Opening my bedroom door I found Wilmer stood in his underwear. I walked into my bedroom and wrapped my arms around him from behind. He turned to face me and passionately kissed me. I held him tight. He would be leaving soon to go back home. I needed every moment I possibly could with him. 

"Demi. Miyah hasn't done her video project yet." He reminded me.

"Oh shit yeah." 

After getting dressed I pushed the door open into Miyah's bedroom. I sat on the edge of her bed and began stroking her face, brushing her hair out of the way. I caught a glimpse of her face, it looked worse than yesterday, purple and green bruises coloured her face, swollen in different places. 

Her eyes flickered open. 

"Miyah?" I smiled.

She looked up at me and sat herself up a little bit and winced.

I reached out and soothed her. 

"It hurts so much." She croaked.

"I know beautiful." 

I then got up and went into her ensuite, I opened the medicine cabinet and got out a box of painkillers. Popping two tablets out of the foil I carried them back with a glass of water.

"Take these, it'll ease the pain." I smiled.

She put them into her mouth and gulped the water.

"Do you want to talk about it?" I asked

She shook her head and layed back down.

"Are you hungry?" I asked again.

She shook her head.

I picked up her video camera and left the room, switching it on I watched what she already had. Miyah had filmed the family, told the camera about them and then filmed herself, telling her story. My eyes filled with tears watching it, she poured her heart out in the video and showed every emotion. She had already finished the video, she'd told a long story without us even knowing. But I thought I would add to it.

I turned the camera on and began to talk.  

"Bullying is serious, I have witnessed bullying happening my whole life, I was bullied to the point I dropped out of school and so have thousands of other people. Miyah as you all know was bullied quite severely a while ago, everyone had believed that it had stopped. Even I thought it had. But I should've known better, bullying just doesn't stop. It doesn't just go away. I should have also realised the signs, she was being more secretive and quiet again. But I didn't realise. Recently this bully attacked Miyah and now she is in a very bad way, bruised and cut, she even has broken ribs. This has to stop. Bullying needs to stop, today. That is why I am asking if you see bullying happening or suspect anything then they need to tell someone immediately. It ruins lives"

I shut off the camera.