Chapter 11: The Ball

The road back was harsh, and on foot it was worse, but, on the way, some people from Daibasa took him with them, musicians, they were going to the Ball too. It was his lucky day, thanks to Cahill. He arrived on time, earlier than the small group of folkloric musicians actually. As they had to take the equipment down and all...

He went inside of the house and found her mother in the most beautiful of dresses ever made for her... He smiled. This time for real, she was concerned. The Ball was beginning.

-"Where in Hesade and Ur were you? I was so worried." She kissed both his cheeks and his forehead, everything was normal again.

-"I uh.... Slept-walked naked through the desert, found some clothes and some guys from Daibasa found me on the way back." He laughed, she laughed, everyone laughed, it was beautiful. Alténis being a handsome man has the attention of several ladies who began talking to him as soon as he said 'naked'. His mom walked away smiling and decided to wait for a couple of minutes.

Then she saw him.... The most elegant man in the place....No, not Me, I wasn't there, I mean.... I would had left Kroarl obsolete you know....

Ooh.... Errrr.... Most elegant man in the place, Kroarl, yeah. He went directly to Umurrah, even when he caught everyone's attention, he had only the attention for one. And that one for him....

Those sentences hurt my brain. Anyway, the party began and everyone was now slowly dancing to the tunes, Alténis, from the distance saw Kroarl, but Kroarl still didn't knew Alténis.... However, he watched and smiled, carelessly, his mother was happy and free, he couldn't care less.... As long as she smiles....

The night was clear, beautiful, colorful and quiet, even with the party going on... Umurrah and Kroarl then went to the Gazebo in the back of all the small ponds filled with fireflies and lotus flowers, and sat there, watching the moons, and the stars.... From the foot of the mountain, small vines began gathering around the gazebo, everyone thought it was work of a minor Nature Manipulation Spell by Umurrah, but it wasn't....

Kroarl had the vines crawl to his feet, and the feet of Umurrah. He approached to her ear and slowly whispered:

"I am sorry, it was just part of the job.... Long live Aldania."

As Umurrah realized and tried to attack, or even scream, her feet were tied tightly and Kroarl put his hands over her mouth. She bit his hand and he grunted, making some people know what was happening. She then threw lighting rods at him, which he blocked with tree branches that grew quickly out of the ground, people began screaming, and then as Umurrah prepared to make a heavy attack... Kroarl stabbed a wide vine through her spine all the way through her abdomen, killing her instantly. Alténis watched from afar and then saw it all.... Her mother, in a small quickly grown forest, in fire thanks to the lighting.

Kroarl then finished the job, and beheaded Umurrah's beautiful head off her body, and then quickly ran way. Alténis' eyes widened as he saw this happen, everything happened too fast, yet it was like a slow-motion moment for him. He threw up on the floor several times as he began running to the highest tree on the forest; her mother. He screamed and cried and then saw Cahill smiling, making fun of his present. He ignored him and ran against Kroarl at full speed, his eyes glowing more than ever. Kroarl began to run, leaving a path of blood behind, he put the head on a small sack and tightly closed it, he tripped and fell, and when he got up, a hunter elf was supposed to be the last thing he saw. Alténis grabbed him by the neck and stabbed him on the gut, but Kroarl retaliated and disabled his left arm, sticking a huge wooden dagger made out in a second, completely piercing his shoulder. The wounded coward fled heavily wounded, and the now-orphan cried for help.... It was too late, all he saw before passing out.... Was a small sack, jiggling at the distance, getting smaller and smaller, before disappearing into the night... And a laugh from a shadowy figure, as he saw the hunter's glow grow weaker.... And weaker.

After hours of laughs and interventions, Alténis was finally able to wake up. Naked. Again. He was in Libranya again, patched up, and still in recovery.... He looked everywhere, this part of the library was new, it was an entirely white colored room, with nothing in it. He saw Cahill, smiling upon his bed.

-"Finally awake, young boy." Cahill said.