Chapter 3: Mystery Letter

It was Alténis, who didn't mind her mother having an affair with one of her servants, he just saw her naked in her mother's bed, after he entered the room, not minding the servant's beauty, just wishing her mother a good night.... She kissed his son's cheeks, and then her forehead, and reminded on how beautiful his eyes are, and then dismissed him.

Next morning, Umurrah's servant was gone early from her Mistress' bed, to her chores as usual, but now with a small smile and a low tune, to what she was humming... She had one of her best nights of her life, as every other night with her Mistress....

Umurrah got out of bed, brushed her hairs, put her hairs in a bun again, and washed her face and teeth, and also got dressed up, the suns weren't merciful, not even after a perfect night. As her routine, she went to the market, in which all the eyes of the town were on her, and went to buy some fresh ingredients for Alténis' breakfast.... He would wake up in a few hours after his mother, so she always prepared him breakfast, even if he was a good cook himself, one of the best of Crodomac actually. Her mother was always proud of him for almost everything, she raised him well.

After she shopped, she got her attention on a man, and the man also got his attention on the Chief, the man wasn't from around, he was human, topaz colored eyes, dark skin, tall, fit looking, armed.... And had also a turban covering his short strings of black and blue natural hairs, who at the tip made small curls.... She loved the gaze of the man, but acted as if she didn't notice.... She continued her way back to the Capital House and entered, leaving the man intrigued also.... He then began asking for her name, and gather information on the big and beautiful woman he just saw....

Umurrah was now at home, now also thinking of the man.... It was never common to see an outsider, especially in Tironduk. Alténis woke up, and ate the delicious breakfast her mother had for him, he smiled, today was his favorite, and finished the plate without leaving anything on it. He then went to his room once more, got dressed and told his mother he was going to go out for a few hours, Umurrah didn't mind, so she kissed both of Alténis cheeks and then his forehead.... After he left, she rapidly went upstairs, to the balcony and searched for the man in the turban. He was nowhere to be seen, but when she finally caught a glimpse on who appeared to be him, someone knocked on the door and a servant was calling for his Mistress....

She went to the door, and a courier appeared;

-"Ma'am." He stopped, and looked at her beauty for a few seconds before snapping out of it. "*Ehem* My name is Arban, and I have a letter for you." -He handed the letter to the Chief.... - "I hope you have a fine day, Du'gwan Elnis. I take my leave now Lou'Dran." Both words translated to "Beautiful Flower" and "Farewell" respectively. She felt flattered to be complimented by a Snow Elf, since they are reclusive on their beauty standards.... Very reclusive.

He thanked the young courier and had the servants pay him and left.... She went upstairs, wondering if it was once more the old man from Aldania...

But it wasn't....

"Dear, Chief Umurrah:

You have gotten my attention since I saw you, and I'd like to know who you are, other than Crodomac's chief... yes, I have been asking around, and I am interested. Can we meet up next to the fountain near the Inn? This Sendell (Sunday) night.... I will be waiting.

- Yours sincerely, Unknown."

She felt as if she was being mocked, since the letters would flow like water to her but.... She had a feeling in her gut, the straightforward, bland form of saying it.... It has to be him, the mysterious letter and how he did not reveal himself.... A stranger, it HAD to be him. And then she realized it... Today was Sendell! It was going to be the same night! All in one day? He must be kidding, it must be a hoax.... But she was too curious. Either way, she put the letter under a pillow, and continued her day as nothing happened.