Chapter 4: Distortion

As she continued her chores throughout the day, night fell... But she was not to get fooled. She took a bath, and pleasured her servant, not enough this time, but enough to satisfy her... She was in a really good mood, but then again, she wouldn't get fooled, at least not easily. The Archmage took some dark colored clothing and a green cloak, and made the perfect ''peasant'' disguise... And got ahead of the man. She was near the fountain, but as a regular woman, feeding some birds that came to the fountain at night to refresh themselves. After a long while, she thought it was indeed a hoax, when suddenly, when she looked up, it was him, the man.

He looked as if he was really waiting for someone, his turban was gone, and his curls were showing everywhere as they danced on his face while he walked, his dark skin made his yellowish eyes glow with much intensity, even in darkness, and he was not wearing lots of clothing as before to shield from the suns. He had traditional Dark Skinned human clothing from some small towns of Lidingoth, were orcs also lived, and his muscles were really showing as well. Umurrah did thought he was a beautiful man, he looked a bit like Alténis' father, but yet he was so different. The man looked around, anxiously, he had what appeared to be a small box, maybe with a Lidingothian pendant as he took it and looked at it several times and then put it gently on the box again... But, Umurrah was not to be fooled, she also had guards around, and more with the conflict with Aldania. But staring at him felt like an eternity, she even forgot about Aldania, the conflicts, everything.... But she was not fooled, he really wanted to meet the Chief. He was genuine, which made her thought that he really is interesting and mysterious, but.... Didn't actually thought of it until now.

Umurrah then remembered her son was out, and she got a bit worried, so snapping out of it, she slowly stood up, and went to her house... When walking away, she turned around and sighed, and she caught a glimpse of the man writing a letter, on the fountain's steps, where she was sitting.... She wondered if it was for her.... Maybe not, but she really had to go back.

Meanwhile Alténis....

He traveled on horse to Daibasa. He watched the city still burning, he heard they had the leader of the attack captive.... He had to check. Her mother gave him the title of Lord Misi'vv, which granted any military powers of his own, without any consequences, unless he abuses the title. Only 3 people have that title besides Alténis, and they keep peace. Granted he went to a small prison built of debris and broken planks of crimsonwood and different metal plates for ships and defenses. There were two guards outside the small gate made of scrap metal, and two more once inside. When they saw the green eyes slowly approaching, the started opening the gates, only he had green glowing eyes around the vicinity. Once inside, the gates were closed and he went into the small cages in which the prisoners were being held.

-"Take the slaves and set them free, give them some money and order them to rebuild town and strengthen defenses, the attack can be repeated. Shave their heads, and make them work in mines and be citizens of their new Tribe. Take the soldiers and also shave their heads, put them the Tag, and make them forcefully work in mines now, full time, with only 2 hours of rest. And if one tries to escape or tries to do something funny, kill them all, they are now slaves of this Tribe. And the leader.... Can I be alone with him now?"

-"Yes Lord Misi'vv, we are carrying these orders right now. You have 15 minutes." The two guards carried the orders quickly, as Alténis waited to a beaten up and quickly bleeding-out General.

-"It's enough time." Alténis replied, smiling as the guards finished their tasks, and the slaves of the opposing faction were kissing his feet, thanking for their freedom. "That's what a true leader does." He dismissed everyone, now alone with the General.

-"Says the man that sets free some, but others become slaves." Said the General, almost not understandable.

-"Well then, I might change plans. Guards! KILL the soldiers!"

-"NO, WAIT! NOT MY MEN. I am sorry.... I.... What do you want from me?"

-"Never mind the orders, continue as I said before. Now.... What would I want from you?" His red lips started to form a small smirk, one that the general now feared. His eyes were glowing intensely, distracting the prey. "Would you help me? You know, make this place better.... Giving up on Aldania.... Joining Crodomac's fearsome army.... Whatya say? Sounds fun right?"

-"I.... Would like that.... I would gladly give up on Aldania. I wou—"He was interrupted by a laughing Alténis. Who then stabbed a Domesian Iron dagger on his throat. His cold blood fell on the floor, with surprised eyes that didn't close. "Oh but where is the fun on that?" He said, turning around leaving the murdered body on the floor bleed from his mouth and throat. –"Guards, take whatever is valuable from his body. And put the naked body on a stake. Now, carefully put the stake on the first inland line of defense, visible to any enemies within range of attack. I am done here."

           He went outside, and inspected the surroundings, there was crying children, women, and injured men everywhere, some were laborers, others fishers.... Even the blacksmith was in pain. And only 4 medics were around town, accompanied with 7 healers, which Magiks were now deteriorating.... There was rats eating the flesh of people still alive, even children's, this was maybe the start of a plague. After that he ordered to burn every dead body and burry them on the soil, not putting them in burial grounds... Necromancers of the area would take everything and it will be a problem. He ordered the local messenger to send a distress call to the other small villages around the Tribe to send any supplies they can spare. And personally sealed a letter asking for a huge lot of money for repairs, and materials, from the Capital, all to Daibasa, from the other Tribes.... They would understand the seal once it arrives. He hopped on his horse and went back to the capital...

          On the way back, his horse tripped and made Alténis fall in a small pit. It was a small cave, with a string of water flowing through it, maybe it was a small subterranean river. After walking around it, he found a clearing. It was another world, it was like the Domesian Tundra, but.... There was water flowing through the top of the cave, it didn't fall.... And trees were upside down.... Everything was upside down. Yet he walked normally through this place.... Looking everywhere for a small exit or something in which he could crawl into to get out. After walking towards the center of the place, it started to rain, also upside down, and there was a small stone obelisk in the center of everything, also upside down. It has an ancient language, lost in time.... But when he touched it and took dust out of it, it began shaking.

Everything was dark for a few seconds, and then.... He was in a Nebula. But inside the Nebula, he was slowly approaching what appeared to be a glowing sphere, and then everything was black again... And he was inside the sphere. It was infinitely immense, it.... It was a library. It had a lot of shelves, some upside down, some in different shapes, some didn't even make sense, others were floating, there was also stairs and chairs and all kinds of floors and tables around, all of different shapes and sizes, and also positions, everything was too abstract, yet everything was in order. Books were also flying around, others were burning or frozen, some were being written as every second was passing. Like this one.... Oh... Wait....

And then it happened. He saw a woman walking, arranging those books that were being created out of nowhere, all those scrolls, all those shiny devices, futuristic devices that held information.... Everything.

He turned around and a voice suddenly changed the colors of everything. He was a man, an old man actually, black skin, wearing glasses, red and yellow eyes.... A neat-looking beard, and tear-like scars coming from his eyes down to his jawline. He had dirty blonde hair and Dark elvish ears, and beautifully colored clothing with copper buttons and linings.... It was like a trench-coat, but also wasn't since it was apparently also made of Nebulas, but solid....? Nothing made sense at this moment.

"It never makes sense Esdor." OH! OHHH!!!!!! SHOO! THIS IS MY STORY. "Fine. Heh. I appear here anyway." SHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHhh.

-"Welcome! Hah! Awesome performance that you did to the General! His last thoughts were of stabbing you in the back after 4 days! AHAHAHA! WOW, KID. You have no heart." The man said, combing his hair to one side, revealing a mark on his forehead, a strange one, similar to that one on the obelisk.

Alténis drew his sword, and confronted the guy. "Who the fuck are you, and what is this place?"

 Smiling....