Chapter Six - "Sirius Black you stupid, poxy pillock!"

- “Sirius Black you stupid, poxy pillock!”

Pregnant. Expecting. With child. Preggo. Knocked up. Preggo in the eggo.

Sirius’ mind raced with the many ways of saying ‘pregnant’ as he stomped up to the Gryffindor common room. Tasmins words were struggling to sink in and Sirius began to think it wasn’t real, that it was a joke. That’s it! It was all a joke, a very bad one, but it was a joke nonetheless. He had reached the portrait hole when he first heard the sound of footsteps. He whirled around to see Remus and James storming over to him with faces like thunder and a very scared Peter trailing behind them.

“Sirius Black you stupid, poxy pillock!” James roared from two feet away.

“What in the name of Merlin possessed you to just walk away?” Remus screamed, grabbing a fist full of Sirius’ jumper.

“What did you expect me to do?” Sirius yelled back, pushing Remus away from him, “smile and say ‘that’s nice’?” Remus stumbled from the force Sirius pushed him back and James was quick to catch him.

“You should have stayed,” James lowered his voice but his tone was dangerous.

“But I didn’t. Besides, who’s saying it’s even mine?” Sirius retorted. James, Remus and Peter stood with their mouths open.

Then Remus snapped and punched Sirius in the jaw. Sirius stumbled but recovered quickly and swung for Remus, hitting him in the gut. Remus doubled over in pain and James grabbed Sirius and pulled him into a headlock, which Sirius responded to by elbowing him in the gonads. Remus and James ganged up on Sirius and pulled him to the ground and kicking and punching him. Sirius didn’t just lie there though, he kicked and punched and bit every chance he got. Peter sat up against the wall whimpering.

Professor McGonagall found the four Gryffindors in an all-out battle when she turned the corner ten minutes later.

*

In all her years at Hogwarts – both attending and teaching – Minerva McGonagall had never seen a sight so abnormal. Sitting in front of her were four of the most troublesome boys she had ever met. They were completely different from each other but they had formed a special bond from the first day in Hogwarts that only the Three Musketeers could rival.

                Remus Lupin was one of the brightest and most promising students in his year. Not only that but he was fiercely loyal and caring. Minerva had seen him go out of his way to help other students even before he became a Prefect. Yet here he was, sporting a black eye and split lip.

                James Potter had an intelligence that was not too far behind Remus’, but he preferred to use it in pranks and trouble making rather than his school work. He was funny enough to make even Minerva give a slight smile on occasion. He was cocky and easily the leader of the group. But he had grown up as an only child who was spoilt, yet he never bragged about his wealth and seemed embarrassed if it was ever mentioned. He was slouching in the chair in front of the professor with a bloodied nose and a scowl.

                Sirius Black was worse for wear than his friends. He had a bloody nose, sprained wrist and bruises cover him. He was seated furthest away from his friends and kept shooting them looks of great dislike. If James was the leader than he was second in command. He was not nearly as bright as the other two but he carried a certain charm that had everyone falling over themselves when in his presence.

                Peter Pettigrew hadn’t even been involved in the fight but he was sobbing like an ugly child. Minerva scowled as she watched him. She didn’t know why the other boys had become friends with him. He was intellectually challenged, had an obsession with food, slow, a coward and not nearly as loyal as them. She shook her head; it was probably because they pitied him.